Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Is this for the 1st team All Pro vs 2nd team All Pro argument? Because it's how I feel on the topic.

No, I think there's an all pro thread for that though in NFL Gen. Was watching the games yesterday and couldn't help but notice Henry really struggled to make an impact in the biggest game of the season. Looked like that lack of versatility did him no favors, as the Ravens focused on stopping the run and completely shut him down. Guess that's where I just really like having a versatile RB.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

No, I think there's an all pro thread for that though in NFL Gen. Was watching the games yesterday and couldn't help but notice Henry really struggled to make an impact in the biggest game of the season. Looked like that lack of versatility did him no favors, as the Ravens focused on stopping the run and completely shut him down. Guess that's where I just really like having a versatile RB.

There was a slight difference in quality of opponents.

By the bye - I distinctly remember you propping up Michael Thomas over Julio Jones because of awards and accolades Thomas earned over Julio (and rejecting ADOT pretty staunchly).

So, it looks as if Henry might follow a similar path in terms of awards. Does your logic remain if this is the case?

I'm legit curious.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There was a slight difference in quality of opponents.

By the bye - I distinctly remember you propping up Michael Thomas over Julio Jones because of awards and accolades Thomas earned over Julio (and rejecting ADOT pretty staunchly).

Sure it was one of several points I brought up for Thomas. I did think that being the 1st WR to win OPOY since I believe Jerry Rice was a pretty impressive accomplishment in what was a historic year (and start to his career) for Michael Thomas.

Difference being I was arguing a guy that believed Thomas didn't even belong in the discussion as the top WR. My main point in both the Thomas and Kamara threads are they have arguments to be regarded as such, but I've also been pretty open that I think others have arguments as well. Back in Kamara thread 1.0, I stated guys like Gurley, Bell, and Barkley had legit arguments as well (how the times have changed since then). Basically, I have consistently for years stated they both got a seat at the table. Some people take issue with that lol. 

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, it looks as if Henry might follow a similar path in terms of awards. Does your logic remain if this is the case?

I'm legit curious.

Again, I've stated that Kamara, McCaffrey, and Henry are my top 3 RB's and I think an argument could be made for each as the top back. I personally prefer the versatile guys though.

13 hours ago, GamedayGuru said:

however Kamara did way more with what he had today making a great plays out of nothing, had quite a few 10 yard runs and that nice long run. 

Did he? He was stifled by an excellent Bears run D for three quarters until eventually they were completely worn down (from defending an excess of 70+ plays), and he managed to sneak in a few explosive plays to close out a game that was pretty much over with a quarter remaining. Not to mention the touchdown he scored was the by product of a horribly ticky-tack DPI call on Trevathan.

I like Kamara and think he’s better than Henry, but I wouldn’t call that “doing way more”. He did what was expected of any RB worth their salt to finish the game after being handled for the majority of the game. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Using one game as ammunition for this thread just goes to show how weird and desperate this thread has become.

• Like 1

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Did he? He was stifled by an excellent Bears run D for three quarters until eventually they were completely worn down (from defending an excess of 70+ plays), and he managed to sneak in a few explosive plays to close out a game that was pretty much over with a quarter remaining. Not to mention the touchdown he scored was the by product of a horribly ticky-tack DPI call on Trevathan.

He was averaging 5 yards per carry at half time...The only person that stiffled him was Sean Payton not getting him involved enough. 0 targets in the 1st half was baffling. We got back to what makes us a good team in the 2nd half and it showed.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

I like Kamara and think he’s better than Henry, but I wouldn’t call that “doing way more”. He did what was expected of any RB worth their salt to finish the game after being handled for the majority of the game. 

He still made an impact with over 100 yards from scrimmage and a touchdown. That's far better than 2 ypc with zero explosive plays. 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given that week 17 was the culmination of a 2,000 season... I can understand why that holds more weight.

2000 yards PPPFFHH... Kamara single handedly got me to and won a fantasy championship for me this year. Winner winner chicken dinner

Edited by sammymvpknight

48 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It's a great accomplishment. As is scoring 6 touchdowns in a game, or eclipsing 20 touchdowns in a season. 

I think we've beaten the 6 TD game to death here. It's a great accomplishment, but it's one game. 2,000 yards can't be accumulated over a single game. It has to be done over the whole year.

Let's try this:

2013 - Nick Foles tied an NFL record with 7 TDs in one game. Does that put him ahead of Peyton Manning in 2013 when he threw for 5,477/55?

By your logic... it's comparable. Right? Do you see how flawed your continued mention of this one game vs a 2,000 season?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

He was averaging 5 yards per carry at half time...The only person that stiffled him was Sean Payton not getting him involved enough. 0 targets in the 1st half was baffling. We got back to what makes us a good team in the 2nd half and it showed.

4.8 YPC, 39 yards on 8 carries at half. Nothing to write home about. And before he ripped off the 25 yarder late, he was at 17 carries for 59 yards (3.46 YPC). On the whole they kept him in check until the Bears were completely gassed late. Your offense was on the field with the lead damn near the entire game. Eventually Kamara is going to break one. I don’t see how it’s impressive at all. 

57 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

He still made an impact with over 100 yards from scrimmage and a touchdown. That's far better than 2 ypc with zero explosive plays. 

Sure, but situation matters too. The Titans were overmatched in the trenches.

Like I said before, it’s just weird to use these past games as a stepping stone for anything. Gloating about it is weird and unnecessary.