Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

6 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Seems like a strange argument. More circumstance and luck than actual skill. As shown Kamara can do it just fine from anywhere on the field when opportunity presents itself. He also has dusted secondaries from 40+ several times where it's kind of irrelevant how far out he is at that point as shown above as the secondary clearly isn't catching him

Well thats an interesting argument for you to be making here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Biggest difference being Kamara had 270 touches, and Henry had 397 to get to their final numbers (average of 7 more touches per game for Henry). If Kamara gets more touches, I have no doubt he's breaking 2,000 yards from scrimmage.

I guess you need to question the coach on why such a weapon isn't getting enough touches...

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I guess you need to question the coach on why such a weapon isn't getting enough touches...

I suppose having one of the best records in football doesn't really make me question it too much, but yeah at times it would be nice to see Kamara get more touches. Than again it's probably prolonging his career compared to other RB's

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well part of that is Taysom was maybe the worst short ball thrower I’ve ever seen in my life, rarely targeted Kamara and threw balls in the dirt when he did.

But that doesn’t explain the lack of rushing attempts.  Payton has always been a coach that just likes to split carries with multiple backs, Murray is a solid player, so I don’t complain too much.  

We do seem to very much under utilize Kamara sometimes though.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Better dreads (Kamara wins this one, Henry looks like he took a doodoo out of the back of his helmet...)

Kamara’s dreads may be more aesthetically pleasing, but Henry’s doodoo dread actually helps keep the defenders at bay since it’s easily confused for one of those python terds (you know, the one’s that slap on to the side of the bowl after it comes out as it sticks halfway out the water).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

It's Henry. All day every day...

I prefer more aesthetically pleasing looking RBs and running styles but it's very hard to argue against Henry. He is just such a brutal battering ram that his running ability alone puts him on top.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GamedayGuru said:

Both are great players, all pro just got named 

Henry first team

kamara second team

Kind of thought cook would get second team because of his volume and efficiency. 

Cook injury and Vikings defense giving up 6 TD to kamara cost him

I’m not gonna use today to gauge either player, they both had zero holes at all to run through, however Kamara did way more with what he had today making a great plays out of nothing, had quite a few 10 yard runs and that nice long run. 

with Henry I feel like if he doesn’t have big holes he can’t get going, once he is going he is impossible to stop, but if you can slow him down at the line you can stop him. 

regardess both are great players, I’d still rather have Kamara as my RB for the way I would like to run my offense