Week 3 MNF: Ravens vs Chiefs (MVP vs MVP)

RavensTillIDie

MVP Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wil Win the Game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2020 at 12:30 AM

22 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Bull. I don't know how much is the offensive coordinator, but Mahomes is lucky as **** to have the offensive coaches he's had around him. He gets a lot of easy looks and his skillsets are completely maximized. Not to mention the weapons around him are legitimately talented and everyone knew that before Mahomes ever even took a snap.

We're seeing what Andy can do offensively with a superstar talent at QB for the first time.

But even Andy has been fired. Doesn't matter how smart you are if you don't have the players. Mahomes is a winning lottery ticket for NFL job security just like Brady was. Remember when McDaniels left for Denver/St. Louis and didn't make an impact? He retires to New England, and he's suddenly a hot commodity again. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Did you or did you not type the word Bookmarked in bold lettering on a post in response to opinions you disagree with about Lamar Jackson?

Let me save you some time since we all know that you did, you say fet over yourself but the comments were based on something that you LITERALLY JUST DID. So.....I Beta get out of.here, I'm tired, but that was a Beta game than I thought it'd be.

Yup, hilariously bad takes/receipts for an internet forum to laugh at later in the season. Didn't know we had such dominant alpha males in here who feel so insecure they need to call out beta behavior. I'm crying over here. Oh no, the Ravens lost a week 3 game and are 2-1. What will I ever do with my beta life?  Lmao

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

Yup, hilariously bad takes/receipts for an internet forum to laugh at later in the season. Didn't know we had such dominant alpha males in here who feel so insecure they need to call out beta behavior. I'm crying over here. Oh no, the Ravens lost a week 3 game and are 2-1. What will I ever do with my beta life?  Lmao

Rational fans recognize this is only week 3. Having said that, when you play poorly, you get critiqued. When people act like you're the greatest thing since sliced bread they line up to critique you. When your fans spend a season talking about how you're terrible only to come back the next season all over your jock, people will line up to point out when you play poorly. 

That's the reality of every sport. If you're gonna be a fan you might wanna get used to it.

Lamar haters enjoy your win tonight. 

He will bounce back. Guys a talent. Arm of Chad Pennington on the legs of Mike Vick. A true anomaly.

why he has so many people cheering for him to fail I don’t understand. I think it’s great for the league having a unique talent at the position and makes the Ravens way more watchable than they’ve been in 10 years.

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No. And I don’t think Lamar will ever be totally figured out like RGIII, Kaepernick, and previous mobiles. He is a Top 10 QB, and will remain one. However I do think teams will adjust to him, with good defenses anyways, and learn how to play him better. He’s not a good pure passer. Without his legs, 75% of those throws wouldn’t be there. It’s because teams respect his legs more than any QB in NFL History and they sacrifice much of the passing game. This is one of the huge reasons the Ravens are like 0-11 when trailing at Halftime. At that point, teams no longer respect Lamars running game due to the lead, so they play the pass against him with tremendous success. 

Lawd... why does every single loss and off game for Lamar have to be some indictment or indicator of his career trajectory?

Can we like... wait until he has a 3-4 week slump to state for sure that defenses have truly caught on to slowing him down?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Rational fans recognize this is only week 3. Having said that, when you play poorly, you get critiqued. When people act like you're the greatest thing since sliced bread they line up to critique you. When your fans spend a season talking about how you're terrible only to come back the next season all over your jock, people will line up to point out when you play poorly. 

That's the reality of every sport. If you're gonna be a fan you might wanna get used to it.

Don't get me wrong. Lamar played horrible tonight. The Ravens played horrible at every level from the coaching staff down to the players. The Chiefs absolutely dominated them. Criticism is entirely warranted. 

With that said, when you have a 23 year old kid coming off an MVP season and playing pretty good to start the year, and you take an ugly Monday night loss against the best team in the league/the reigning champions to lambast him and make ridiculous claims like he isn't a top 5 or even top 10 quarterback. Or that he has been figured out and teams now have his number. Those takes need to be called out for their sheer stupidity. 

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Lamar haters enjoy your win tonight. 

He will bounce back. Guys a talent. Arm of Chad Pennington on the legs of Mike Vick. A true anomaly.

why he has so many people cheering for him to fail I don’t understand. I think it’s great for the league having a unique talent at the position and makes the Ravens way more watchable than they’ve been in 10 years.

Who’s rooting for him to fail? He’s getting much needed criticism. I love watching the guy and had a blast watching him last season. Anyone who thinks I’m a hater on Lamar is pretty hilarious. 

I pointed out his obvious flaws as a pocket passer, after a game that showed a lot of those points. He deserves criticism tonight, not a pat on the back. I criticize Carr for all his terrible games and flaws, and praise him when he overcomes those flaws and does well on games. It goes both ways. 

I feel we live in a society where people cannot be criticized in any way, and if they are, it must be sugar coated to extreme measures. 

5 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Not a Lamar hater but he is a gimmick player that in big game does nothing

Beating the 12-win Chargers his rookie year and stopping them from getting the 1 seed. Beating an average division rival in week 17 in a must-win to make the playoffs. Beating Wilson in Seattle. Beating New England on SNF. Obliterating the Texans and Rams (in primetime). Beating the 49ers.

---all not big game

but week 3 is big game. Big game = Lamar loss. So yea, Lamar will never win a big game.

Edited by wackywabbit

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If this was the playoffs I’d take Kansas City.

However, I think Baltimore wins tonight.

Skimming back through the thread, as I had to work during the game, and man is this one of the weirdest things I think I've ever read.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Not a Lamar hater but he is a gimmick player that in big game does nothing

Well even Payton Manning was a choker early on but when he gets paid and doesnt have a defense it will be interesting.

Yeah I don’t how anyone who criticizes him is a “hater”. I’ve never once cheered at a bad play he’s made. Also have fun watching him. I simply praise and criticize when both are warranted. 

And I do agree Raven Fans should be concerned if the defense ever takes a step back. I’m not sure Lamar is ever going to be a QB that can play from behind like Mahomes, Wilson, ARod, Dak, Brady, Ben, etc. 

He hasn’t proved it yet, and his passing doesn’t show any signs of being able to do it. 

Not even trying to insult Raven fans, just saying it should be a legit concern for their fanbase. 

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Beating the 12-win Chargers his rookie year and stopping them from getting the 1 seed. Beating an average division rival in week 17 in a must-win to make the playoffs. Beating Wilson in Seattle. Beating New England on SNF. Obliterating the Texans and Rams (in primetime). Beating the 49ers.

---all not big game

but week 3 is big game. Big game = Lamar loss. So yea, Lamar will never win a big game.

Playoff he hasnt done much and it seems KC will always be a stone in his way