GDT 10/4/20 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-2 Washington Football Team

DreamKid

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't see it that way. It was ok by both sides of the ball. We'd be losing to a good team, but probably beating an average team closely, or tied with one less possession.

I agree here. Was it a perfect half? No, could we improve, sure. We've essentially dominated against a team we should dominate against. Felt the first half was acceptable. 

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Proche, Duvernay, Snead deserve to be the guys competing for the #2/#3 receiver spot. Snead at least has made some plays. Only good play in two years I can recall from Boykin was the play against Seattle. Sure he gets open occasionally, but he runs lazy routes like half the time I pay attention to him.

I hated Boykin before it was cool. Lazy routes are definitely the problem. The Texans games we scripted him some completions as the primary read and they went just fine. But he's awful as the second or third read, just jogging with the DB 90% of the time. Was 100% what his film from last year said. 

4 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Damn

DB comes out firing 🤣

Yup. I mean I had some hope, but when we drafted Boykin I said then that my fear was he just didn’t have IT in his DNA. I feared it because a guy with those physical gifts should just TRIP into a 1000 yd collegiate season, regardless of what offense he’s in. Guys like Stephen Hill did it in offenses that ran the ball a lot more in GA Tech. No way Boykin shouldn’t have had at least one season where he just murdered the competition.

I’ve seen enough of Boykin to know he just doesn’t have the mentality to dominate at the NFL level now, because he’s lazy and not passionate about the game... or things just don’t click for him.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’ve seen enough of Boykin to know he just doesn’t have the mentality to dominate at the NFL level now, because he’s lazy and not passionate about the game... or things just don’t click for him.

Didn't come on till late in his Notre Dame tenure. BOA was always a big concern. Thought he might be able to overcome it with his combo of intelligence + athleticism, but it doesn't seem that way. Just not switched on in any major way. 

Edited by DreamKid
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I hated Boykin before it was cool. Lazy routes are definitely the problem. The Texans games we scripted him some completions as the primary read and they went just fine. But he's awful as the second or third read, just jogging with the DB 90% of the time. Was 100% what his film from last year said. 

Yeah, I never “liked” him necessarily, but he’s shown occasionally some exciting opportunities. I had hope that his collegiate coaching and scheme MAY have been what held him back. But there’s enough evidence at this point that I don’t think he’ll ever be that #1 dude. I’d rather see what we’ve got in Duvernay running these same routes. Regardless of what Boykin does to this point forth, I’ll wonder... “could Duvernay done better there?”

Boykin will have to do a lot to change my mind moving forward.