GDT 10/4/20 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-2 Washington Football Team

DreamKid

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Yes!!! Let Lamar SLING!

Kinda glad this no pick streak thing is over too. I'll take a pick if we are letting it fly the rest of the game.

Yup. I feel like the longer players go on such streaks the more “careful” they become. Even if they say they “don’t pay attention to that stuff” everyone pays attention on some level. That interception makes it so that Lamar can get back to playing loose.

Ah yes, the Beltway Bowl (analogous to Beltway Series in baseball between Orioles and Nationals). Officially it only happens once every four years. But perhaps if the NFL adopted an 18-game schedule (with 16 of the games for each team each year still determined by the current formula), we could see annual Baltimore-Washington football games, and thus if both teams are good at the same time, it could be on national TV the next year.

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

Jeez I step away for 30 minutes and the whole thread is done with Boykin. Seemed like a bad throw from Lamar. Boykin is not quick on outbreaking routes, but it's up to Lamar to recognize that. It was a rushed throw. 

TBF, I've been done with Boykin for months :p. I don't let Lamar off the hook for that throw.

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Jeez I step away for 30 minutes and the whole thread is done with Boykin. Seemed like a bad throw from Lamar. Boykin is not quick on outbreaking routes, but it's up to Lamar to recognize that. It was a rushed throw. 

Ehhh. A route like that, I teach my high school recievers to come out of the break with their hands up and ready for the ball, Boykin looked like he didn’t have any interest in making a catch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It’s not that he’s not quick, its that he’s lazy. If he were slow it would be one thing, but he didn’t come out of his break expecting the ball to attack it. The ball was in perfect position for him to shield it from the defender, catch it, and get out of bounds... what else is Lamar throwing there?

6 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Lamar threw it a little early, but there's no denying that it was a terrible route by Boykin.

I think people are disappointed that the flaws he had in college haven't appeared to be rectified despite how much he's been talked up by some (even within the organisation) this off-season