2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

KOC also thought GS were contenders pre-Klay injury so who cares what he thinks. Even though, yes, the Lakers did get better and clearly the favorites right now.

Um... a lot of people were saying before Klay got hurt that the Warriors are gonna be a top seed (2nd to 4th) and will be a problem for the Clippers and Lakers.

Of course this was before the Lakers killed the offseason.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Um... a lot of people were saying before Klay got hurt that the Warriors are gonna be a top seed (2nd to 4th) and will be a problem for the Clippers and Lakers.

Of course this was before the Lakers killed the offseason.

Those people were stupid though. That was never going to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Don't need em. I'm 28 and have experienced 6 championships already. 

I'll take being a Lakers fan and being hated over being Nuggets fan with no championship. Winning is fun.

you seem very tired and upset of all the bullcrap...BULLCRAP!!!...that fans and media are spewing about your team man. you make sure you tell everyone what's good! 

• Like 1

Almost all NBA fans/media last offseason were completely wrong and all their takes about the Lakers look dumb now.

Whether it was about Vogel, Pelinka, or the help they brought in. 

It'll be the same come next offseason. Lakers will be back to back champs and dominant in the playoffs and I'll be right.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Gave it up around this time last year. It's a cesspool. 

It is a cesspool, but sometimes you can't help but clicking on Trump or Woj's tweets and just scrolling through the mentions seeing all the nonsense those idiots say.

But, nah there are a lot of smart fans on there too just like there is on forums its just a bit harder to find them.

13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think you guys are underrated, but my problem with that 5 is the lack of athleticism besides Mitchell.

I agree. Although O'Neale is pretty athletic and one of the better wing defenders in the league, Conley is still a pretty good defender, and having Rudy at the 5 helps clean up a lot of our other guys defensive mistakes. One of our biggest issues last season was that we lacked size/rim protection whenever Rudy was on the bench but bringing back Favors solves that problem for us. When we're going up against bigger teams like the Lakers we can also play Favors at the 4 for stretches to match up size wise. 

And to be honest we probably would've beaten Denver in the playoffs last year if Bogdanovic played, we lost to them in 7 on a buzzer beater without our second best scorer in Bogdanovic who averaged like 20 ppg. 

Georges Niang is also a solid bench player as a guy that can shoot and I don't think he'll play a lot early but Azubuike is a nice insurance policy as another huge body we can play at the 5 when Rudy isn't on the floor. Plus our management apparently really likes Miye Oni who's another young athletic wing and think that he'll be ready for some minutes this year. Elijah Hughes was also a sneaky good pick for us in the 2nd round. He's athletic and can score, but I don't think he'll play much this season. 

As of right now I think the Lakers are in a tier of their own but we definitely got better and are right there in the mix with the second tier of teams out West alongside Denver, Dallas, Golden State, etc. We'll go as far as Mitchell will take us and based on his playoff performance I think he takes a leap forward this year. 

• Like 1