2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was still watching the games and rooting for the kids and defending Ingram. The past week or two is the most I’ve visited this forum just because I was hype about free agency and what direction Pelinka would take things.

For the most part I don’t venture too much outside of the Eagles, NFL News/NFL Gen and sometimes just pop into the other sub forums to see what’s going on. 

Trust me, I can tell you spend time in NFL Gen.

42 minutes ago, amac said:

Steven Adams gets a 2 year 35m extension. Usually I’m against spending assets/flexibility on centers but I like Adams, not a bad deal.

We haven't even seen him play with Ingram and Zion. Wtf are we doing?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, you saw the team thrive with Favors. They're pretty comparable players with Adams being a better version of what Favors brought to the team.

C’mon man....

I don’t want to hate on Adams, cause he’s a great guy, but this wasn’t a pretty questionable decision by New Orleans. They need more spacing. A stretch 5 would help so much more. They are literally paying Adams like 60+ million over the next 3 years for screens, rebounds, leadership, etc. Centers already aren’t that valuable in today’s NBA and the Pelicans paid one that is a bad fit with Zion. On the other hand Favors is getting a little less than half the money Adams will be receiving for the same amount of years and not only that Adams is starting to look a bit on the decline. And, they had to give up George Hill, first and two seconds up and that Denver first down the line will probably be a late round first, but still that just makes this trade even worse.

If we were putting a grade on the trade the highest you could go is a D+/C- and that’s probably being generous.

On 11/22/2020 at 11:09 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I'm really interested in how your guys season and the playoffs play out.

I'm hoping Ainge runs y'all into the ground over the next 4 years, so him and Ben Simmons can opt out of their 5th year and come join Anthony Davis in L.A. where they rightfully belong playing for their childhood team and get their jerseys retired like their idols/favorites (Kobe for Tatum and LeBron for Simmons). It would be perfect (for Lakers fans... lol).

And, yes.................. I know this is a pipe dream 😅

the jays gonna run the league in 2-3 years sorry mang

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, you saw the team thrive with Favors. They're pretty comparable players with Adams being a better version of what Favors brought to the team.

i feel like Favors is better than Adams, but I might be biased because Jokic always eats Adams lunch 

• Like 1