2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

Looks like the man is going to retire as an Laker.

35 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i feel like Favors is better than Adams, but I might be biased because Jokic always eats Adams lunch 

I agree. Giving Adams that much money doesn't make all that much sense since you can get other centers that do similar things to him....And they would come much cheaper. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I agree. Giving Adams that much money doesn't make all that much sense since you can get other centers that do similar things to him....And they would come much cheaper. 

I also think Hayes is p nice. Still a project and all. I like having vets around for the rebuild...but don't love Adams as a player at this point. Not like they are gonna be splurging in FA so the money is whatever 

Good for Bam and Miami taking care of him. 

I see people on twitter saying this means Giannis must be signing his super max or that now Miami can’t get him. Neither of those things is necessarily true. 

1.) Miami can do trades to open up the cap space for Giannis if he wants to come there.

2.) If Giannis hasn’t signed the super max by now there is a good chance he’s gonna wait, but then again supposedly he’s overseas and maybe that’s why.

3.) Like I get why they are probably the favorite if he doesn’t wanna stay, but they aren’t the only team he could go to.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kinda funny how he’s going to likely retire on the team that drafted him and traded his rights as a rookie to get his older brother.

Hopefully we have Pau retire as a Laker and Marc can be there for it. I don’t know if we will retire Pau’s jersey, but a lot of Lakers fans want it and that would be really cool having Marc in a Lakers jersey for that.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, why doesn’t my boy Ingram have the max already? Really hope he finds a way out of New Orleans. Knicks should just offer him the max and make them match.

He's going to get the max from the Pels. They just need to finish the roster first so they can go over the cap. No chance they don't give him the full 5 year max. 

And why wish for him to leave NOLA? Outside of the Adams trade Griff has done a fantastic job running things. He hired a coach that views Ingram as the main play initiator in the half court and the #1 option. They're building the team around him. If he can learn to play better defense under SVG could very well be an All-NBA player. He's in a great place to succeed.

Just now, JMG5 said:

He's going to get the max from the Pels. They just need to finish the roster first so they can go over the cap. No chance they don't give him the full 5 year max. 

And why wish for him to leave NOLA? Outside of the Adams trade Griff has done a fantastic job running things. He hired a coach that views Ingram as the main play initiator in the half court and the #1 option. They're building the team around him. If he can learn to play better defense under SVG could very well be an All-NBA player. He's in a great place to succeed.

They just did and yeah after that Jrue trade which was great for y’all I guess he could succeed there.

really happy for him

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Seeing all the Lakers young guys getting paid now one after another is awesome. From Russell to Zubac to Clarkson to Ingram. Svi and maybe Wagner next.

I just hope we aren't the team that gives Lonzo the bag.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

They just did and yeah after that Jrue trade which was great for y’all I guess he could succeed there.

really happy for him

I think he could reach his full potential with the Pels. They're really giving him the reins and I hope it works out. 

• Like 1

Just now, JMG5 said:

I just hope we aren't the team that gives Lonzo the bag.

I just edited it after you quoted me to include him idk why I left him off and yeah I don’t know if it’ll be from you guys, but we’ll see. I do like that his 3P% has gone up each of his first 3 seasons from 30.5 to 32.9 to 37.5 this past season. I firmly believe that he’s a great player to put along side a couple stars on a championship team, especially if his shoot at least stays at what it was last year. Love his passing and defense.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I just edited it after you quoted me to include him idk why I left him off and yeah I don’t know if it’ll be from you guys, but we’ll see. I do like that his 3P% has gone up each of his first 3 seasons from 30.5 to 32.9 to 37.5 this past season. I firmly believe that he’s a great player to put along side a couple stars on a championship team, especially if his shoot at least stays at what it was last year. Love his passing and defense.

He is a good transition passer, not much else. He's horrible as the primary ball handler in the half court. He can't drive or finish at the rim and he's a terrible free throw shooter. Luckily he improved his 3P%, because if not he would be a huge liability on the court. I think his role for us this upcoming season is going to be at the 2. He's going to be a spot up shooter in the half court unless he shows dramatic improvement elsewhere. Now that isn't a bad thing. Lonzo at the 2 being a 3 and D player is pretty good, but it's a far stretch from what everyone thought he would be when he was drafted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

He is a good transition passer, not much else. He's horrible as the primary ball handler in the half court. He can't drive or finish at the rim and he's a terrible free throw shooter. Luckily he improved his 3P%, because if not he would be a huge liability on the court. I think his role for us this upcoming season is going to be at the 2. He's going to be a spot up shooter in the half court unless he shows dramatic improvement elsewhere. Now that isn't a bad thing. Lonzo at the 2 being a 3 and D player is pretty good, but it's a far stretch from what everyone thought he would be when he was drafted. 

Yeah, I know all this stuff having had him his first two years haha, but yeah we made the wrong choice not going with Tatum. Lonzo definitely needs to be paired with another guard that can run things in the half court.

Trade you Kuzma for him? 🤔

Edited by TheRealMcCoy