2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe a minor step back on defense, but I'll take the trade off for the leap we took on offense, because with LeBron being 36 years old and only having a 71 days from the last Finals game to the start of this season. I want to keep him fresh. He had to do too much work this past season.

Defense and the transition game was more of our calling card last year than offense and that's a tough way to win games. We struggled in the half court quite a bit at times and when LeBron left the floor our offense could go to **** unless AD was firing on all cylinders.

Yeah, I agree 100%. You'll still have a top 5 defense and got way better offensively which will play a key role in keeping LeBron fresh in the postseason. Schroder was such a nice pickup as a guy that can create instant offense and he's also a solid secondary creator as well. 

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean yeah they can't both accept the full MLE.

Thanks for the clarification. I like the Kennard pickup for them, he's pretty underrated. He can create his own offense and is a pretty good secondary playmaker as well but they need a PG that can create/facilitate offense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:
5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Controversy? You mean the tweet?

Yep

Eh. I don't think there was anything bad about it.

I think Dwight would've liked to come back to the Lakers when he realized that his market wasn't as hot as he might have thought.

Before FA started he said something along the lines of "I don't wanna play for free"

He seemed pretty excited to put that tweet out there right as the signing happened. Most players don't do it that quick like that. 

Think he decided he didn't want to wait for the Lakers decision and then signed almost immediately it felt like with Philly.

Most Lakers fans were in favor of bringing him back, especially if he was only getting like the vet min which is what the Sixers gave him.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Thanks for the clarification. I like the Kennard pickup for them, he's pretty underrated. He can create his own offense and is a pretty good secondary playmaker as well but they need a PG that can create/facilitate offense. 

Yeah I liked that too and they got 4 second rounders back I believe.

Just gotta hope that Kennard's knees are all good.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I agree 100%. You'll still have a top 5 defense and got way better offensively which will play a key role in keeping LeBron fresh in the postseason. Schroder was such a nice pickup as a guy that can create instant offense and he's also a solid secondary creator as well. 

We were 3rd in defensive rating last year, but only like 10th or 11th in offensive rating. 

I think we can land in the top 5 for both, but then again we might give LeBron a good amount of rest.

We basically couldn't take him off the floor very long last year and he played in almost all the 71 games we played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just tired of all the bullcrap that the media and fans spew.

Bullcrap like saying they got worse on D, but much better on O, and are still the favorites?  lol.  Poor poor LA fans.  Can tell it had been a while since daddy bought them a trophy and now they got a taste and the spoiledness comes out again. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Bullcrap like saying they got worse on D, but much better on O, and are still the favorites?  lol.  Poor poor LA fans.  Can tell it had been a while since daddy bought them a trophy and now they got a taste and the spoiledness comes out again. 

Wasn’t what he said.

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, and I am a secondary Nuggets fan so it made me mad on both ends.  Grant is a solid addition but he wont put us over the top and he will stunt the growth of Sekou.  It really hurts both franchises. 

Aww look at the small market fans showing sympathy to one another. That’s cute.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Wasn’t what he said.

Yup, still trying to figure out how saying they are still the favorites is bull crap.  Wondering how you can say, its arguable that they got worse on D, which means it can be perceived that way, yet you are freaking out about it even though anyone who watches basketball knows they got worse on D and better on O.  

34 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We basically couldn't take him off the floor very long last year and he played in almost all the 71 games we played.

Even in the playoffs you guys looked so much better when Rondo came back and you had another creator that could take some of the pressure off of LeBron. Schroder is going to pay massive dividends for you guys, basically a slightly worse Kyrie Irving. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Aww look at the small market fans showing sympathy to one another. That’s cute.

Yes, they have had players I like, so I root for them.  I like Lebron so I root for the Lakers.  I like any player that played for MSU so I am a Warriors fan.  Maybe its that fandom that allows me to look at my team and make a real, unbiased opinion of their moves.  

• Like 1