2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, and I am a secondary Nuggets fan so it made me mad on both ends.  Grant is a solid addition but he wont put us over the top and he will stunt the growth of Sekou.  It really hurts both franchises. 

True. You guys should deal Blake and go into full tank mode for Cunningham. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

True. You guys should deal Blake and go into full tank mode for Cunningham. 

It looked like thats what we were doing when we moved Kennard for Bey and moving around in the draft.  Thought we would throw a bunch of rookies out there and then suck for two years while we get a couple high draft picks.  We will never get a star to come to Detroit so we need to draft or trade for one.  Once we have the core we can sign guys like Grant but makes zero sense right now. Unless Hayes and Sekou turn into studs ASAP which is unlikely. 

9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yes, they have had players I like, so I root for them.  I like Lebron so I root for the Lakers.  I like any player that played for MSU so I am a Warriors fan.  Maybe its that fandom that allows me to look at my team and make a real, unbiased opinion of their moves.  

This is hilarious. We are all biased to certain degrees when it comes to our teams/players. Nobody is purely objective.

I have non-Lakers, non-Angels, non-Eagles teams in each league I like because of certain players or coaches or just how they run their team. That doesn’t mean anything.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is hilarious. We are all biased to certain degrees when it comes to our teams/players. Nobody is purely objective.

I have non-Lakers, non-Angels, non-Eagles teams in each league I like because of certain players or coaches or just how they run their team. That doesn’t mean anything.

Do you blindly freak out and say someone is wrong and then explain why they were wrong by saying the exact same thing they said in different words for those other teams? 

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just out of curiosity for some of the people I’ve been replying to what is your prediction for the finals and who knocks the Lakers out if you don’t have them winning?

If I was betting I'd definitely bet on the Lakers repeating. The finals matchup is hard to predict right now because I think there are a few teams that could come out of the East but if I had to bet I'd put my money on it I'd take Milwaukee finally getting over the hump and making it out of the East. 

As far as the team that knocks the Lakers out if it does happen, I'd say either the Clippers or Mavericks. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If I was betting I'd definitely bet on the Lakers repeating. The finals matchup is hard to predict right now because I think there are a few teams that could come out of the East but if I had to bet I'd put my money on it I'd take Milwaukee finally getting over the hump and making it out of the East. 

As far as the team that knocks the Lakers out if it does happen, I'd say either the Clippers or Mavericks. 

I don’t know if Bucks come out the East but those would be my picks too if I had to choose who could beat the Lakers in the west.

42 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just out of curiosity for some of the people I’ve been replying to what is your prediction for the finals and who knocks the Lakers out if you don’t have them winning?

If you haven't noticed, all of the people replying to you have said they still think the Lakers are the favorite.  It wouldn't shock me if Milwaukee or Brooklyn or even someone in the west were to give them a fight if someone gets hot.  But overall, nobody is saying the Lakers are not the favorite.  

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nope. Wont be the Clippers......just cause I say so LOL
As for Dallas.....they'd better figure out what do to with Bambi (Read: Porzingis). He's a handy player to have around. Too bad he's always on the sidelines. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

As for Dallas.....they'd better figure out what do to with Bambi (Read: Porzingis). He's a handy player to have around. Too bad he's always on the sidelines. 

Yeah, Porzingis health will be huge for them. He finally looked to be himself again during the bubble though, in the 9 games he played he averaged 25 and 9.