2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yikes. Hopefully him and Caruso spend the next few months working on their shots.

Yeah both need to shoot like 3 percent better behind the arc, but Kuzma improved his defense last year. He’s no wing stopper but his light feet and length help him give guys problems. He’s never gonna be a great defender, but yeah. He also can score off the bench and has chemistry with the team.

Now if we could’ve included him in a package for Bogdan, then sure.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Solid signing. Smart, good shooter, great passer, big body. Should be good for 15-20 MPG.

The Lakers won't be overwhelming people with their rebounding like last season, that's for sure.

This ^

We owned the paint against alot of teams last year. If our perimeter defense got serious - we could shut teams down. I'm interested to see the character of the defense this year.

Make no mistake - I like the tandem of AD and Trez. Good, aggressive defenders - but losing two 7'ers will change things. I'll have to see Gasol. Turns out we needed him. Hope he can come through.

I've no clue what kind of cash they have left - but want to get Morris back.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Solid signing. Smart, good shooter, great passer, big body. Should be good for 15-20 MPG.

The Lakers won't be overwhelming people with their rebounding like last season, that's for sure.

I’ll take a good jump on offense over a bit of a decline on defense and rebounding.

We definitely got better this offseason and that’s scary for the rest of the league.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’ll take a good jump on offense over a bit of a decline on defense and rebounding.

We definitely got better this offseason and that’s scary for the rest of the league.

Somebody who watches alot more Raptor games than I do will have to weigh in.....but at the BIG, critical moments in their BIG games - was Gasol on the floor?

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Somebody who watches alot more Raptor games than I do will have to weigh in.....but at the BIG, critical moments in their BIG games - was Gasol on the floor?

We won’t have him in the closing line-up, but who cares?

We won’t play him as many minutes as Toronto did whether it’s regular season or postseason. He’ll get more minutes against a team like the Nuggets or Sixers, but against a lot of other teams that play smaller he won’t play that much just like Howard and McGee last year.

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We won’t have him in the closing line-up, but who cares? We won’t play him as many minutes as Toronto did whether it’s regular season or postseason. He’ll get more minutes against a team like the Nuggets or Sixers, but against a lot of other teams that play smaller he won’t play that much just like Howard and McGee last year.

I'll hope for the best and have to see how it plays out.