2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

8 minutes ago, coors said:

My prediction: AD resigns with Lakers for 1 more season. Run it back with Bron one more time. Then, he will sign a long term deal in Chicago, his hometown. He will be able to bring other talent with him to the Bulls. 

Yes please.

23 minutes ago, coors said:

My prediction: AD resigns with Lakers for 1 more season. Run it back with Bron one more time. Then, he will sign a long term deal in Chicago, his hometown. He will be able to bring other talent with him to the Bulls. 

Maybe if they weren't a dumpster fire franchise.

Subjectively, this number is low and I expect Ibaka’s next contract to come in around the MLE or a bit more. Why is it just $5.5 million? As with Harrell above, the market for centers in general isn’t that rosy. Also, while the eye test said Ibaka had a pretty solid year in 2019-20, bumping his scoring rate and hitting 38.5 percent from 3, his advanced numbers were more skeptical. Ibaka’s on-off numbers were the worst of any of the nine Raptors with at least 1,000 minutes, and by a pretty wide margin. That didn’t help his case.

Combine that with his age (31 this coming season) and the fact he mostly plays the league’s most replaceable position (94 percent of his minutes were at center, according to Cleaning the Glass), and he projects at a much lower valuation than his brand name might suggest.

This excerpt from an article at The Athletic made me a bit more wary of Ibaka.

He's a good player though and is the best the Clippers could've hoped for at this stage of free agency. I like it for them.