A Battle of Behemoths: The Josh McCown Revenge Game (Week 5 GDT)

zelbell

Who wins  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Hornbybrown
    • Jets
    • Browns
    • No one
    • America
    • 0-0 tie

Two of the NFL's most tortured franchises will meet again on the battlefield this Sunday

where names like Chansi Stuckey and Eric Barton incurr nothing but painful memories

and moments like these are never truly forgotten

josh-mccown-dive-and-fumble-against-jets

This Sunday, lasting memories will be made (probably not good ones)

duscuss

53 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Two of the NFL's most tortured franchises will meet again on the battlefield this Sunday

where names like Chansi Stuckey and Eric Barton incurr nothing but painful memories

and moments like these are never truly forgotten

josh-mccown-dive-and-fumble-against-jets

This Sunday, lasting memories will be made (probably not good ones)

duscuss

the convergence of Josh McCown, Davis and Pryor could only result in that cluster turd of a play. A fumble in the endzone, this is probably our destiny as Browns fans. forever. 

36 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

I remember when Brett Ratliff was suppose to be the diamond in the rough the Browns needed. Ha memories. Can't Forget Braylon Edwards. He was a duel failure in Cleveland and New York.

circa 2007. All Pro and deserved it. 

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't think I can ever unsee that 2004 10-7 game. That was, by far, the most boring and uneventful football game I've ever seen. If any game can outdo that one, this is the year.

Iirc there was a game against the Bills that was like 6-3 or something in the snow when Anderception was here that was ungodly boring too.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Iirc there was a game against the Bills that was like 6-3 or something in the snow when Anderception was here that was ungodly boring too.

Correct! However, there was still that chance that we'd make the playoffs, so people were excited since we won...and then needed the Colts to win vs. the Titans, which Bill Polian made sure to play his "best" lineup. 

In 2004, we were like a 4-12 team.

When the season began, this was literally the first game I had on my calendar as a potential win. I FULLY expected us to be 1-3 in our first quarter of the season. I knew we were not going to beat Pitts week one, with a rookie making his first start. I didnt think we would beat the Ravens...with a rookie making his first start on the road vs Harbaugh (who's 9-0 or 10-0 vs rookie QB's at home in Balt.) I thought was a big much of a task. I thought me might be able to slip by indy or cinncy at home....and my expectations started getting outta control when Luck was going to be out AND Cinncy was looking no where near as strong as I thought they were going to be. So I started daring to dream to get here at 2-2...but our Oline is still Jelling...and its coming along well, I am one of the biggest Crow supporters here, and that dude left a LOT of MEAT on the bone on quite a few runs..He's not doing his thing this year. I fully expect us to start looking different/better in the "2nd Quarter" of the season.

IF our Oline can handle the jets Dline...and the jets are starting 2 rookies at the safety positions....along with two of our former starters in Buster Skrine and Demario Davis...I think Hue starts to get the O on track this week. As far as D.....I think our D gets back on track this week too, the Jets have the type of offense we can handle I feel...not an AJ Green + 3 poteintal 1000 rushers in the backfield, or Pitts who host a top 10 QB, top 3 WR and top 3 RB along with a HOF oline coach. Hopefully we can get the McCown early and often, and get into the Petty/Hackenberg medley.

Our ST finally breaks a big return this week....

Browns 23

Jets-16

Vote Hornby... Always vote hornby. Anyways now that there is a GDT, I can officially complain about Jets game related stuff! 

The Jets actually look pretty good sitting at 2-2. They are not going to look past us. They want to be 3-2. They are going to bring it. 

The Browns are getting Shelton and Garrett back on the D. That could easily be the boost Williams needs to rush the QB. Britt sat out of practice with a groin injury. That might be the boost Kizer needs to get the ball to his receivers. The Jets are also very suspect against the run. Maybe our O-line jells and Crow pounds the ball this game? 

A lot of questions on the browns side of the ball. Not too many for the Jets. 

Prediction

Smart money in on the Jets winning this game. 

24 Jets 13 Browns. 

Bonus Prediction. 

Hornby drinks more beers than the Browns score points. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Kiwi's how we beat the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.

firstly we need our offense to generate 28 points. Two players are going to have to play lights out for us to do this. They are Cro and Kizer. The rest of the boys will have to support them. 
We need two touchdowns based on some big running plays and two on some passing plays. 

Next we need to keep the Jets from scoring. I think we can stop their rushing attack. this will be key, along with some better underneath zone defense from our linebackers and strong safety. Josh McCown will give us trouble but also most likely the ball. 

the trick t ostopping josh is hitting him, if Garrett or Ogbah get going we may generate some sacks. we need this. 

Archived