Adam Thielan is the most underrated elite WR

mdonnelly21

On 12/17/2020 at 5:56 PM, ASmithFan1010 said:

I don't think anyone would consider Thielen on the same level as

Thomas, Adams, Hill, Hopkins, or Julio. 

That makes him a tier 2 WR.  I have him near the top of the Evans, Diggs, Ridley, Allen, Cupp, Robinson tier though.

Diggs just lead the NFL in catches and yards and had a 12 YPC (only 4 players to ever to do that with 120+ receptions) but can't crack tier 1? I think Diggs had a point with his frustration in Minny, as I believe he was only targeted 4 times a game last season. 

His route running is actually insane. He can't be single covered and his footwork is filthy; pretty positive the only TD Jalen Ramsey let up this season was to Diggs.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He's definitely underrated, and this thread proves it.

Not sure he's borderline top 5, but in top 10 for me

Nearly anyone playing for Minnesota is underrated. Harrison Smith is never mentioned as a great Safety even while he's putting up numbers that rival Troy Polalmu. Nobody has any interest in seeing Jared Allen in the HOF. Nobody ever talks about how great Danielle Hunter is. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Nearly anyone playing for Minnesota is underrated. Harrison Smith is never mentioned as a great Safety even while he's putting up numbers that rival Troy Polalmu. Nobody has any interest in seeing Jared Allen in the HOF. Nobody ever talks about how great Danielle Hunter is. 

I agree. I came in your thread and started a Harrison Smith is underrated thread in the off season. Better than Jamal Adams, who everyone is infatuated with. Far more well rounded.

Jefferson won't be underrated though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Did Keenan Allen die?

Who are you talking him over in the top 10 that @Hunter2_1 listed? I’d take him over Jefferson at this point because he’s only had a year in the league. Metcalf and Brown are both monsters who have had two years of success and improved from their first year. He’s on the cusp.

4 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Who are you talking him over in the top 10 that @Hunter2_1 listed? I’d take him over Jefferson at this point because he’s only had a year in the league. Metcalf and Brown are both monsters who have had two years of success and improved from their first year. He’s on the cusp.

Honestly Evans, Jefferson and Brown. Allen would of had a monster year if he didn't miss 16 qtrs of games. He was really unguardable. Didn't have the big chunk plays others had 

20 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I think Jared will eventually get in.  He certainly deserves it.  He was just not a first ballot caliber guy in my mind.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think Jared will eventually get in.  He certainly deserves it.  He was just not a first ballot caliber guy in my mind.

Idk he's 12th all time in sacks and tied for 4th all time in tackles for loss. 8 of his 10 first years in the league he had double digit sacks and had a 7 year stretch of never dipping below 11 sacks. He's top 25 in career fumbles forced. He also had four All-Pro selections. Allen should be a first ballot HoFe; the resume speaks for itself. 

• Like 4