2021 Draft Thread

John232

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

With fields, it really is entirely mental for me. Can he read the field, see blitzes and pressure, read a defense, anticipate routes and where throws should go

Some of it is the old Aaron Rodgers and old Carson Wentz tradeoff. He figures that he can make a play off structure, so if it isn't a perfect look, he waits, waits, waits and takes off while (usually) looking to throw. Drives me nuts, but if it works, it works.

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Some of it is the old Aaron Rodgers and old Carson Wentz tradeoff. He figures that he can make a play off structure, so if it isn't a perfect look, he waits, waits, waits and takes off while (usually) looking to throw. Drives me nuts, but if it works, it works.

That's why I think he'll be effective for sure... Just not sure where it's at long term. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fields will be the 2nd QB off the board. The physical traits put him over Wilson I bet. 

I still think the top 3 QBs are taken in the top 6. 

Fine with me. I don't know how we feel about fields. Scouting Wilson multiple times says we are at least interested to me, so I'm of the opinion that the most likely guy we'd be willing to trade up for is Wilson. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fine with me. I don't know how we feel about fields. Scouting Wilson multiple times says we are at least interested to me, so I'm of the opinion that the most likely guy we'd be willing to trade up for is Wilson. 

I bet we have scouted Fields a time or two and certainly have scouts at the game today. 

I wouldn't count us out in trading up for Fields if he is to fall around the 6th slot. 

But either way, we both don't think we take a QB in round one. I'm all in on edge rusher or CB. Surtain II, Farley or Horn. In a good spot to take one of them. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I bet we have scouted Fields a time or two and certainly have scouts at the game today. 

I wouldn't count us out in trading up for Fields if he is to fall around the 6th slot. 

But either way, we both don't think we take a QB in round one. I'm all in on edge rusher or CB. Surtain II, Farley or Horn. In a good spot to take one of them. 

Oh, I would assume that we have as well. But I know we have been there with Wilson lol

But yes, I'm thinking it's unlikely even though I strongly believe we should. But otherwise, in with you. Give me edge, give me CB