2021 Draft Thread

John232

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Basically that if a minority HC gets hired, the team that "developed" them would get a compensatory 3rd round pick in back-to-back years.

Is this a new rule or has that always existed? Is Saleh under contract for 2021? If he leaves, who replaces him?

16 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

Is this a new rule or has that always existed? Is Saleh under contract for 2021? If he leaves, who replaces him?

Correct, that rule just got passed this year.

Dan Quinn and Raheem Morris have been the two names floating around as potential replacements. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dan Quinn and Raheem Morris have been the two names floating around as potential replacements. 

Is there no one of the defensive side of the ball that can just slide right in?

1 minute ago, dan77733 said:

Is there no one of the defensive side of the ball that can just slide right in?

Demeco Ryans or Tony Oden would likely be the two in house prospects. Kocurek is really good at what he does, but doubt he is seriously considered here. 

Just now, dan77733 said:

Thanks. Who would you like to see replace Saleh?

I would personally go with Demeco Ryans. He's going to get a DC job soon enough, whether it be in the NFL or in college. Ryans seems like a smart guy and one I'd think that would have no problem making in-game adjustments. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And I'd really still like to get Ryans in the conversation. May be a situation where they want him to get more seasoning though. I'd have Morris the odds on favorite. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I would personally go with Demeco Ryans. He's going to get a DC job soon enough, whether it be in the NFL or in college. Ryans seems like a smart guy and one I'd think that would have no problem making in-game adjustments. 

Okay. He was a great linebacker so hopefully he can be a great defensive coordinator if he gets the promotion. Thanks.

So, since the Seahawks are motivated to play and we'll be without Williams/Aiyuk/Kinlaw, i'm gona safely pencil this game in as a loss

There's a decent shot we could be the only 6-10 team in the league. Looking around the league, i expect the 5-10 teams to lose, like

Panthers (vs Saints)

Lions (vs Vikings)

Giants (vs Cowboys)

Broncos (vs Raiders)

I also expect the current 6 win teams to win again, like

Vikings (vs Lions)

Cowboys (vs Giants)

Washington (vs Eagles)

Chargers (vs Chiefs who are resting starters)

Patriots (vs Jets)

That would leave us with no tiebreakers to worry about, and the 11th pick. Thats my guess

Edited by 49ersfan

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'd look at either Ryans or Morris if they are even close to Quinn, due to new rule put in by the league. If you can get a minority Co-ordinator in, who will be good enough to get a head coaching job, then you do so for the compensation. It's a genius rule for minorities to get the co-ordinator jobs, as teams will be more likely to pick them up as co-ordinators in the hope of getting a 3rd round comp pick if they are good enough to get a head coaching job. Unfortunately there is still no incentive to give the HC job to a minority but you have to start somewhere.

• Like 1