CB,

Justyn Ross

WR,

Tyreke Smith

EDGE,

Obinna Eze

OT,

_--------------------------------

Not sure how I feel about this one. Got the qb, but don't like the mid round picks nearly as much. I think I take this one because I like the top three more, but I don't love the lack of strong offensive line additions

8 hours ago, Forge said:

It's kind of funny listening to various 49er podcasts about the team moving forward. Listening to the Lombardi / Barrows podcast, and on the last one, they didn't even acknowledge the possibility of a QB in the first round. They started talking about the draft and mentioned offensive line, defensive line / pass rusher, corner and safety (not even sure what safety that would be...) as possible first round targets. Not so much as a peep about QB. Listening to Lowder and Crock though, and they are all in trading anything that is not bolted down to get up to #2 to take the QB of our choice lol. 

This makes perfect sense to me. We have made up our mind. Wilson is our guy. The beat writers, who are basically team employees, are going to pretend we haven't, but the "fan" podcasts can't move past the qb question 

In the same breath, we are going to play Jimmy in a showcase game week 17 with kittle and aiyuk and it could to cost us more to go get Wilson, but this regime has not been shy about going and getting "their guy", so even if we win the next two games we can still make it happen. You would think Kyle would assume this will be the closest to the top 5 he will be for a while and would just pay what it would take 

Like I said last week, it was going to be hard to sit kittle if he was healthy. So we are kinda stuck there. 

I don't think anyone else who is banged up will play. Whoever is on the injury report shouldnt bother suiting up. Kyler is going to run all over us and I'm pumped to see Witherspoon try and track the ball while covering Hopkins. Lol 

Hopefully there is nothing seriously wrong with kinlaws knee  

10 hours ago, N4L said:

This makes perfect sense to me. We have made up our mind. Wilson is our guy. The beat writers, who are basically team employees, are going to pretend we haven't, but the "fan" podcasts can't move past the qb question 

In the same breath, we are going to play Jimmy in a showcase game week 17 with kittle and aiyuk and it could to cost us more to go get Wilson, but this regime has not been shy about going and getting "their guy", so even if we win the next two games we can still make it happen. You would think Kyle would assume this will be the closest to the top 5 he will be for a while and would just pay what it would take 

Like I said last week, it was going to be hard to sit kittle if he was healthy. So we are kinda stuck there. 

I don't think anyone else who is banged up will play. Whoever is on the injury report shouldnt bother suiting up. Kyler is going to run all over us and I'm pumped to see Witherspoon try and track the ball while covering Hopkins. Lol 

Hopefully there is nothing seriously wrong with kinlaws knee  

idk, before the draft every beat writer mentioned LT as a need for us, before any fan knew that Staley was considering retiring. Lo and behold, we trade for Trent Williams on day 2 & Staley retires minutes later. 

I'm pretty sure that they were on the mark about us drafting Thomas, McGlinchey, & Bosa as well. 

Its still very early in the process. But if the beat writers are consistently mentioning OL, DE, CB, etc in Feb/March, than that will lead me to believe we're not going QB.

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Right now we are pick 14, but if pats lose, we are pick 15. Every team that can lock up with us except Denver holds the tie breaker over us, so todays win almost guarantees us to finish with a pick between 13-15 at best

I think depending on how QB breaks, I’d say we’re firmly in trade back territory.

Let's say we don't go QB, I REALLY want Horn. That's my guy. I get Jaire Alexander vibes from watching him. I have to look at edge rushers but I heard someone say this is a pretty good draft to get one. May not be any true game changers but some really good players. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's say we don't go QB, I REALLY want Horn. That's my guy. I get Jaire Alexander vibes from watching him. I have to look at edge rushers but I heard someone say this is a pretty good draft to get one. May not be any true game changers but some really good players. 

I really like the day two edge guys. 

Bill Barnwell proposed this trade:

SF send: 2021 1st rounder, 2021 2nd rounder, 2022 1st rounder, 2022 3rd rounder and Jalen Hurd

NYJ sends: 2021 1st rounder (#2 pick), 2021 4th rounder

Then he has us trading Jimmy G to NE for a 2021 5th rounder

What would you guys think about this? You pretty much then bring back your current free agents like Trent Williams, Verrett, K'waun etc. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bill Barnwell proposed this trade:

SF send: 2021 1st rounder, 2021 2nd rounder, 2022 1st rounder, 2022 3rd rounder and Jalen Hurd

NYJ sends: 2021 1st rounder (#2 pick), 2021 4th rounder

Then he has us trading Jimmy G to NE for a 2021 5th rounder

What would you guys think about this? You pretty much then bring back your current free agents like Trent Williams, Verrett, K'waun etc. 

I think Jimmy nets better than a fifth, but if we are going to make the move, this is probably the cost.

I'd rather see if they would take a player like deebo than this year's second.

*Edit* 

If we get a comp from saleh, I'm hoping we can move Jimmy+ that pick for someone's (NE) second. That makes me more amenable to moving a second this year