What would it take for this to be a successful season?

Carson4MVP

32 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

That would be miraculous.  My hope in the o-line moving forward is the draft and maybe a little free agency.

LT and C in the draft, RG in free agency, Boling keeps his job, and resign Andre Smith for another year and replace him in 2019

Resounding success - they go on a tear, somehow make the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh 35-0 in the wildcard round, and somehow make it even further than that.

Season well done - Go a tear, make the playoffs.  Then whatever happens, happens.

Well there's always next year - the young guys step up, and they finish the season on a positive note, winning 7-8 games.  Gives some hope toward the future.

Bad - They are up and down all year, finish with 5-6 wins

Terrible - They can only beat the Browns and finish with 2 wins.

11 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think the only thing that keeps Marvin is a Super Bowl appearance.  If he wins, he's done, if he isn't close, he's done.  And I mean his tired old man self, not the organization.  The won't fire him ever.

Agreed.  I kind of see him hanging it up after this year unless there's some sort of wacky scenario end of year where he feels like he has unfinished business.  I don't anticipate that.

5 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

I disagree.  Mike Brown is still a loyal guy.  I think Marvin has to not only have a losing record, but also lose the team to get fired.

I don't think he'll get fired. I just think he'll "retire". 

On 10/5/2017 at 6:37 AM, THE DUKE said:

LT and C in the draft, RG in free agency, Boling keeps his job, and resign Andre Smith for another year and replace him in 2019

Definitely the right season to be bad and in need of a left tackle. 

Archived