GDT 10/11/20 Week 5: 3-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-2-1 Cincinnati Bengals

DreamKid

My thoughts today:

Offense:

• Lamar looked completely lost trying to throw the ball deep and outside the numbers. Horrible showing from him today.
  • Offensive line continues to be god awful in pass protection and not much better in run blocking
  • Getting the ball to Mark Andrews and Hollywood, unsurprisingly, continues to pan out. 
  • JK Dobbins seriously needs more touches
  • Devin Duvernay looked impressive
  • Miles Boykin needs to be benched. He's a joke at WR.
  • Again we cannot scheme guys open. Like, at all. It's actually impressive how bad we are at it right now.
  • Ingram actually looked decent today down the stretch.

Defense:

• Marlon is DPOY and PQ is DROY IMHO
  • Judon continues to only produce either when he's unblocked or against TE's. Not to mention the two offsides penalties. 
  • Ferguson and Bowser both had good games on the edge, and even McPhee was good too
  • The entire secondary dominated today
  • What more is there to say? We showed Burrow what it's like to play AFCN football.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Rookie CJ Mosley was as close of a comparison that you could make. That dude was strong, fast enough, and had a great feel in coverage

That’s true. Rookie Mosley was his best iteration when he was playing next to Darryl Smith who could be that thumper.

But even then, I think the instincts might be similar (when I consider rookie Mosley had better coverage instincts while Queen has superior run instincts), but besides instincts, Queen just blows away in the athleticism. That and while Mosley was better in coverage, Queen is showing to be an elite blitzer as an ILB, about as good as you can get.

Watching Queen the past two weeks is the closest I’ve seen to Ray Lewis. Not DPOY Lewis, but I’d say 2008 (or so) Lewis. I’d say rookie Lewis, but I never watched back that far. Would be amazing if he can continue operating at this high a level, particularly once the competition level increases.

4 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

A comeback would be fantastic for my parlay. Lol

If I’m the Raiders I would’ve gone for two when they scored. I’d rather be up 17 points (3 possessions) against Mahomes than only up 16. Whereas I don’t see much difference between being up by 15 and 16 points. It’d be unlikely the Chiefs go for two to try and win the game vs just taking the TD/extra point combo.

Edited by diamondbull424

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

All these PQ comps to rookie CJ Mosley make me nervous about this next offseason for him. CJ Mosley was basically PQ right now, then the coaching staff told him to bulk up and he eventually lost virtually all of that athleticism and ability to play in coverage. I hope they don't repeat that mistake with PQ.

Mosley was never CLOSE to as fast as PQ is now. Mosley maximized his average speed as a player with generally excellent IQ and awareness. PQ is an athletic freak,

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

All these PQ comps to rookie CJ Mosley make me nervous about this next offseason for him. CJ Mosley was basically PQ right now, then the coaching staff told him to bulk up and he eventually lost virtually all of that athleticism and ability to play in coverage. I hope they don't repeat that mistake with PQ.

Why are you pinning that on the coaching staff? Like they held a gun to his head and said GET SLOWER lol

There were a ton of interviews from 2015-2017ish where Mosley specifically said he wanted to bulk up to prevent injuries/preserve his body long term in the league...ironic because of his injuries last year, but still, he talked a lot about gaining weight on his own volition 

Edited by Ray Reed