2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Javonte Williams is one of my favorite players in NCAAF...... not sure if he's even eligible to come out but he looks good

He’s been impressive. Although today, basically everyone on UNC has been impressive.

That’s going to be an interesting team for us to keep an eye on. They’ve got the two WRs in Dyami Brown and Dazz Newsome who would be interesting picks for us in perhaps round 3, they’ve got the two RBs in Javonte Williams and Michael Carter who would be excellent additions if they last until day 3, and they’ve got Chazz Surratt who could be an interesting round 2-3 option as an MLB. And then of course they’ve got Sam Howell who may end up being the top QB prospect in the 2022 draft. 

One wonders if any of these OL should be on the radar, because they are just ripping through people on the ground.

As I write this, Brevin Jordan makes a big play for Miami. I’d certainly give him some consideration in the mid-2nd round if he makes it there. Quite an athlete.

• Like 1

Trask had an opportunity to showcase his intangibles yesterday In the second half of LSU game....

I wanted to see a win. That intentional grounding on the FG drive was BONEHEADED. That missed FG was awful.  I am not sure how I feel about the second half. I really wanted to see Trask w/o Pitts succeed....

2 hours ago, Troublez said:

Trask had an opportunity to showcase his intangibles yesterday In the second half of LSU game....

I wanted to see a win. That intentional grounding on the FG drive was BONEHEADED. That missed FG was awful.  I am not sure how I feel about the second half. I really wanted to see Trask w/o Pitts succeed....

It wasn’t Trask’s greatest game really disappointed in how he played in the 4th quarter. Trask had 4 chances to win that game in the 4th quarter & failed. I still think he’s proven enough to be a mid to late 1st round pick but, he may fall to round 2.

What I’m most excited about is with the Florida loss this puts the nail in the coffin of the stupid idea that SEC officials, coaches & ADs were speeding this past weekend that two SEC teams should be in the CFBP just bc they’ve played more games. Basically I think we’re learning anything by Florida beating Tennessee-Martin or Towson to get two of their wins and I’d that makes them a better team than Ohio State. 

Truthfully, Ohio State & Florida are pretty similar, great offenses with average defenses. The main reason Florida lost to LSU last night was their defense & obviously the horrible decision by #3 to throw LSU’s TEs show 20 yards downfield after they stopped them on a key 3rd down. Just stupid and Ohio State almost lost to Indiana mostly bc of how poorly their D played. OSU’s D allowed 491 yards passing & 5 TDs to Penix, you’re not winning a national championship over Alabama playing that kind of crap defense.

I don’t think Clemson has the defense to beat Alabama either. I’ll be really shocked in Alabama doesn’t win it all this year. Their D is as good as ever, and their O might be the most balanced/best they’ve ever had. 

Edited by turtle28

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

He’s been impressive. Although today, basically everyone on UNC has been impressive.

That’s going to be an interesting team for us to keep an eye on. They’ve got the two WRs in Dyami Brown and Dazz Newsome who would be interesting picks for us in perhaps round 3, they’ve got the two RBs in Javonte Williams and Michael Carter who would be excellent additions if they last until day 3, and they’ve got Chazz Surratt who could be an interesting round 2-3 option as an MLB. And then of course they’ve got Sam Howell who may end up being the top QB prospect in the 2022 draft. 

One wonders if any of these OL should be on the radar, because they are just ripping through people on the ground.

As I write this, Brevin Jordan makes a big play for Miami. I’d certainly give him some consideration in the mid-2nd round if he makes it there. Quite an athlete.

Do you think Surratt can play MLB in the NFL? I have him more pegged as a WLB, I don’t think he has the size to play MLB & SLB vs the run. 

But yeah, I’d take either of the WRs in round 3 or later if they last till then, same with the RBs. 

Definitely all on board with taking Brevin Jordan the TE from Miami in round 2. He’s Jordan Reed like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

What I’m most excited about is with the Florida loss this puts the nail in the coffin of the stupid idea that SEC officials, coaches & ADs were speeding this past weekend that two SEC teams should be in the CFBP just bc they’ve played more games

Put both hands up triumphantly if you still think the SEC should get two teams in...

Texas Am Win GIF by Texas A&M University

Edited by e16bball

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Hate to say it, since I want to build the OL, but at our current pick of #11 I think the BPA would be Kyle Pitts or Devonta Smith

Either one of them would be a huge investment in the offense overall, and our WR/TE grouping is definitely bottom third of the NFL.  Depending on what the team does in FA obviously, though my bet is that we don't do very much.  

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Put both hands up triumphantly if you still think the SEC should get two teams in...

Texas Am Win GIF by Texas A&M University

I mean, Georgia lost to both Alabama and Florida but we now have a legitimate QB under center.  Sadly, Kirby can't pick the right one and it took that long to get Daniels under center.  I'd rather put Georgia in then consider Florida if they lose to Alabama (especially after the mental gaffe) or a Clemson team that lost twice to Notre Dame.  At least Georgia presents something new at this point, but I also understand why they won't get in.  

This would have been the perfect year to expand to 8 teams in the playoffs, but they missed that boat.  

So if we can’t end up with Lance or Wilson in the first I’ve started to hone in on Leatherwood, Wyatt Davis, Chase and Devante Smith. I can’t add Darrisaw to the list because even though I’m a hokies fan I just haven’t seen enough of him to rank him. I still think top priority should be QB and I’m assuming Trask is moving into the first round but I’m just not a fan.