2021 NFL Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Also, the playoff folks need to be extremely annoyed with Rivera for that moronic two-point attempt against the Giants. That looks even dumber now then it did then. 

Yes, but even if we had made the extra point and gone to overtime that doesn’t mean we win that game either. What was evident to me on that 2 point conversion vs the NYG was how Kyle Allen isn’t good. He missed an open Terry McLaurin for the 2 point conversion and the win yet, he kept his starting job and would still be starting over Alex Smith had Allen not dislocated his ankle vs the Giants the second time we played them.

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

People got excited after the first Cowboys blow out and then came back to earth. It’s going to happen again when we lose 4 out of the next 5. 

I mean I think if you look at the schedule that’s a realistic possibility. I don’t think it’s about riding a wave I think it was about noticeable improvement in situations where in previous games we hadnt shown. Even against whoever I can’t remember back to back wins it’s been a while probably since Alex was starting pre injury. The truth is it’s not about the wins that get us excited it’s moreso players especially the young recent draft picks making noise. Producing and showing growth within the system and also showing the game is slowing for them. I think it’s very realistic to think we can lose the next 4. But the beautiful thing about football and momentum and development and players believing in the message of the coaches is we could win 4 out of 5. But we will see I’m just excited to see this team at 5 on a Monday. It’s basically prime time and it’s early enough to really focus and continue to evaluate this roster to really pinpoint my focus on my scouting assignments for the weeks going forward

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean I think if you look at the schedule that’s a realistic possibility. I don’t think it’s about riding a wave I think it was about noticeable improvement in situations where in previous games we hadnt shown. Even against whoever I can’t remember back to back wins it’s been a while probably since Alex was starting pre injury. The truth is it’s not about the wins that get us excited it’s moreso players especially the young recent draft picks making noise. Producing and showing growth within the system and also showing the game is slowing for them. I think it’s very realistic to think we can lose the next 4. But the beautiful thing about football and momentum and development and players believing in the message of the coaches is we could win 4 out of 5. But we will see I’m just excited to see this team at 5 on a Monday. It’s basically prime time and it’s early enough to really focus and continue to evaluate this roster to really pinpoint my focus on my scouting assignments for the weeks going forward

This is how I feel too,I'm not confident we win another game to be honest,just think with how the team is playing we'll be IN more games and not down double digits in 1st quarter and anything can happen in close games.

Now back to Draft talk as it's the draft thread,Don't see us having a chance at Fields anyways as top 2 teams are going QB and Fields would have to fold badly or fail Interviews to not be #2 based on natural Talent.

Still think the interesting thing for us is going to be how the Staff views players who sit out the year,Rivera Del Rio and even Turner to a point feel like guys who would thin if you love Football enough you play given the chance which will be interesting cause 3 top need players in Sewell,Chase,and Parson didn't play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

This is how I feel too,I'm not confident we win another game to be honest,just think with how the team is playing we'll be IN more games and not down double digits in 1st quarter and anything can happen in close games.

Now back to Draft talk as it's the draft thread,Don't see us having a chance at Fields anyways as top 2 teams are going QB and Fields would have to fold badly or fail Interviews to not be #2 based on natural Talent.

Still think the interesting thing for us is going to be how the Staff views players who sit out the year,Rivera Del Rio and even Turner to a point feel like guys who would thin if you love Football enough you play given the chance which will be interesting cause 3 top need players in Sewell,Chase,and Parson didn't play. 

I would certainly hope that NFL teams wouldn’t have a negative view of players who didn’t play this year. Risking your future playing in the NFL to play a season with so many uncertainties bc of COVID is understandable. If they pass on Sewell, Chase or Parsons bc they sat out and then those players become All-Pro, I’ll be livid!

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Oh trust me I talk about this daily to my best friend who’s a Chargers fan that while I love all 3 guys there’s something to be said for that. I understand not risking further injury. But all of them have allowed a player or even two to overtake them this season. JaMar is a heck of a talent but he basically folded because all the guys were gone. I believe the same with Parsons. I think both knew the talent level wasn’t the same as last year and they found the easiest out and took it.

Sewell is actually even worse because I think his team with him had a chance to compete for something this year even with Herbert gone. Some team will love the value but I’ve never seen someone sit and improve. So to me they actually have regressed due to the fact that they are not professionals. Fairly as well and I love VT DB’s. All any of these guys had to do was come out and play they all have the talent.

Most scouts don’t look at stats they look at the film. People can look at Zach’s numbers and say oh he sucked. Well he had 75 yards and a TD called back on a hold. He was running horrible situational play calls which are coaching. It’s something I learned scouting Herbert last season that when a guy has the tools and the biggest thing you see in their bad performances is coaching decisions how can you knock the player? Zach actually had for me his most valueable outing. I saw less wrecklace plays I counted 4. He’s typically on the 7-10 range for just threading it or throwing a low percentage pass on the move. He also seemed to do batter after his head up on a saftey run after that play. No his box score numbers aren’t good. But if you factor in the in the hand drops and the penalties and are doubly grading him on each play I’d say he still showed he belongs just below the top 2 for me. He and Lance are a equal gamble so to me they come down to preference.

I think Wilson is a QB you can win a title with. He has Mahomes-ish upside comparing the two soupy off college tape and ability/arm and mobility. The key for him is coaching and culture. Personally I love him. Lance will be alittle more project as far as the QB nuances go but I think he can play right away unlike Wilson because of his physical ability with his size and feet. He will have to get better at rhythmic passing and beating zones with his arm but he certainly has the ability to do so. Wilson’s arm is bigger but he has to protect himself and I think his best situation is to sit 6 weeks.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would certainly hope that NFL teams wouldn’t have a negative view of players who didn’t play this year. Most players did it for medical reasons. Just take JHC for example, he had asthma & his sons, if your HC/organization is going to have a negative view of you for not playing bc of that then we have the wrong people leading our organization. Personal and family health should always come first and I would hope Rivera would understand that considering he just went through cancer and chemo treatments.

It matters because health is #1. But their teams are playing and not only that their all playing bad. When your a top flight guy and you sit out this is what happens to your team. Maybe it is health but they would all be asked and awnsering because players that did opt out came back the second their teams decided to play. Right or wrong this is a business of winning and winning requires sacrifice. And sorry to say it but as we know due to the amount of franchise talents we’ve had lose careers to injury their health is on the line every snap. I have to believe that for every player with higher risk that sat there’s those with that risk that laced it up because every player playing took the risk they didn’t.

To be real all these guys were and are still being considered consensus top 10 picks so their money was there waiting. Life is about choices and sacrifices and it shows time and time again you have your Jadaveon Clooney’s who sit and have all world talent and pop off the screen because of ability then you have guys like Chase who put it on the line and work and you see improvement from these guys year in and year out because they preform during the years that aren’t just contractual and draft position times. So maybe it is alittle harsh to place too much on these decisions I promise you if I’m running my team and it’s between a guy that laced it up and didn’t I’m going with the one who did. Because yeah they say this year. What about next? Because there’s cases daily

Edited by ripsean21

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

It matters because health is #1. But their teams are playing and not only that their all playing bad. When your a top flight guy and you sit out this is what happens to your team. Maybe it is health but they would all be asked and awnsering because players that did opt out came back the second their teams decided to play. Right or wrong this is a business of winning and winning requires sacrifice. And sorry to say it but as we know due to the amount of franchise talents we’ve had lose careers to injury their health is on the line every snap. I have to believe that for every player with higher risk that sat there’s those with that risk that laced it up because every player playing took the risk they didn’t. 

True, but it’s that NFL teams loss if they’re going to pass on the best talents in the draft over something like that. I don’t know a player who’s drsft stock has been effected for not playing a bowl game or sitting out a season bc of an injury or something when they possibly could’ve come back. 

Nick Bosa & Christian McCaffery come to mind just off the top of my head.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

True, but it’s that NFL teams loss if they’re going to pass on the best talents in the draft over something like that. I don’t know a player who’s drsft stock has been effected for not playing a bowl game or sitting out a season bc of an injury or something when they possibly could’ve come back. 

Nick Bosa & Christian McCaffery come to mind just off the top of my head.

No their stock didn’t go down but There are guys guys that were drafted lower then both of them in their classes who are out producing them. Again to me you love it or you don’t!!! Jaylon Smith was tragic!!! But he’s out here still doing it. And a bowl game isn’t a whole season. They both also had nagging injuries before sitting. 

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Me either but why? Just because his low floor high ceiling to see what he actually does or just because you don’t think the love is warranted?

I think he’s overrated, I think he’s a bit more Drew Lock like then what people are trying to hype him up to be which almost in some ways seems Patrick Mahomesish and I’m sorry, I just don’t see it. So, I’m very interested to see if he’s going to turn out to be a good pro or not.

Just now, ripsean21 said:

No their stock didn’t go down but There are guys guys that were drafted lower then both of them in their classes who are out producing them. Again to me you love it or you don’t!!! Jaylon Smith was tragic!!! But he’s out here still doing it. And a bowl game isn’t a whole season. They both also had nagging injuries before sitting. 

COVID is a different animal than anyone has ever faced in their lifetime, I don’t think the comparison is equal to anything else. A physical injury is different then putting your future on the line and possibly life bc of COVID. Especially when teams are telling you & scouts that you’re going to be a top 10 pick, I mean come on. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think he’s overrated, I think he’s a bit more Drew Lock like then what people are trying to hype him up to be which almost in some ways seems Patrick Mahomesish and I’m sorry, I just don’t see it. So, I’m very interested to see if he’s going to turn out to be a good pro or not.

I will admit the parts that scare me about his game do scream all my Drew lock knocks. So don’t think just because we like different guys we aren’t seeing the same I dig deep in my notes before I assess these guys cause I know your always going to check me!!! You know what’s up!!!

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I will admit the parts that scare me about his game do scream all my Drew lock knocks. So don’t think just because we like different guys we aren’t seeing the same I dig deep in my notes before I assess these guys cause I know your always going to check me!!! You know what’s up!!!

Cool. 😂 I’m glad. That’s for the compliment, back at ya.

• Like 1