2021 NFL Draft Thread

So far those few concerns I’ve had with Zach on tap the not smart head up on defender runs and wrecklace flicks with the ball. So I’m assuming something greats about to happen because it has every other game I’ve watched him.

This coastal front is huge. Actual 3-4 size nose guys with burst and movement skills. hopefully their DE is okay he’s a high talent player he’s a heck of a football player he has an elite first step

On 11/30/2020 at 2:27 PM, ripsean21 said:

I only want to go QB if Kyle is 100% sold and Ron is 100% behind him on that player and Scott thinks his talents are exactly what belongs in this system. I know we were trashing it but I love the high low concepts and the RB heavy usage. An Elite TE could make this offense truely dynamic from a weapons standpoint. In the First it’s BPA between QB, TE, LB, CB, OL, FS.

I put them in that order because you have to think of the value of the draft. QB you either have a top guy or you should keep drafting them. TE and LB are the rosters biggest void of talent outside of the FS position. But outside of Holland I just don’t see a way in the first he is our highest rated player as much as I love him. OL I believe in the third round you can draft a guy who two years ago would have been a top 20 to early second round steal. This class is loaded almost to where next years class is jam packed because a few will stay because the log jam. So for me if that guy isn’t there at QB I’d look to BPA between TE, LB, CB. I think we can get huge value in the second on the line if we’re in the 10 plus range and your not staring at one of the top two OL you can get similar value in the 2nd. So maximizing each selection I think would be picking either 3 spots I mentioned. Because there’s a real chance that Pitts, Fairly, or a Zaven Collins could be avalible depending on our actual selection

The Texas AM TE is nice too , Wydermeyer - he's only a sophomore but he's caught my eye

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Troublez said:

How am I the only one beating the Kyle Trask drum. This kid is amazing.

I have no problem with Trask. He’s very high on my list too. I trust him and Mac Jones to become good starters more than I do Trey Lance & Zach Wilson. I just don’t trust Wilson playing this cupcake schedule and I think he’s a bit wreck less pushing the ball downfield and I think if he was facing BYU’s normal schedule - which was supposed to be very tough before most of it was canceled bc of COVID - he wouldn’t be looking so earth shattering.

What Trask & Jones are doing in the SEC - the best defensive conference in the country by far - is impressive and I am with you, I don’t see how anyone can downplay their play/production and execution against those defenses.

I will say though, I’d welcome someone taking Zach Wilson & Trey Lance in round 1 and then in round 2 Trask or Jones is there for us. That would be nice if we had taken Sewell, Chase, Micah Parsons or Devonta Smith in round 1.

Edited by turtle28

The reason why people are so high on Wilson is because he can make every throw with ease. Trask just doesn’t have that kind of arm strength and it’s hard to substitute for that. That’s not to say Trask isn’t very good, he just might be but Wilson’s natural ability is what everyone is clamoring for. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

The reason why people are so high on Wilson is because he can make every throw with ease. Trask just doesn’t have that kind of arm strength and it’s hard to substitute for that. That’s not to say Trask isn’t very good, he just might be but Wilson’s natural ability is what everyone is clamoring for. 

Yes but it’s against just awful competition which means a lot. Maybe this is a bad comparison but I remember Jay Cutler being able to make every throw with ease but he trusted his arm too much and often just made awful decisions which led to a lot turnovers which lost his team games. I’m worried that Wilson is going to be that kind of QB. That’s my concern with him. I think he’s over confident and while confidence is needed for a QB to be great, overconfidence in your arm in the NFL can be awful as well because it will lead to a lot of poor decisions and bad turnovers.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes but it’s against just awful competition which means a lot. Maybe this is a bad comparison but I remember Jay Cutler being able to make every throw with ease but he trusted his arm too much and often just made awful decisions which led to a lot turnovers which lost his team games. I’m worried that Wilson is going to be that kind of QB. That’s my concern with him. I think he’s over confident and while confidence is needed for a QB to be great, overconfidence in your arm in the NFL can be awful as well because it will lead to a lot of poor decisions and bad turnovers.

I would’ve killed to have a Jay Cutler type QB here. He was pretty damn good for awhile. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I would’ve killed to have a Jay Cutler type QB here. He was pretty damn good for awhile. 

I don’t hate many people but Jay Cutler seems like the type of, “my ish don’t stink yuppie puppy,” that I’d absolutely loathe if so met him in real life. He was talented but his decision making was awful and I’m sorry, I would’ve been so po’d if Snyder had allowed Cerrato to trade two firsts to Chicago for Cutler in 2009.

If we had done that we don’t have Orakpo or TWill.

Now, maybe Cutler w/ the Shanahan’s returning in 2010 means more wins for us this past decade but I still don’t like the guy. I don’t think I ever will.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

As well as a lot of amazing plays, etc. It's the Brett Favre mentaility.

31 minutes ago, Troublez said:

The Texas AM TE is nice too , Wydermeyer - he's only a sophomore but he's caught my eye

He’s very very bright. There’s some really good ones this year. ND has 2 Florida has Pitts and the guy 2 behind him have similar size. Not as explosive or as polished as route runners but this position has a lot of bright players coming. Iowa ST has a really good TE and ND has a Freshman on his way to being a stud.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

As well as a lot of amazing plays, etc. It's the Brett Favre mentality.

Yeah vs nobody’s which means nothing to me. Put him in the SEC and I don’t think he looks the same and last time I checked the NFL’s defenses are even better than the SEC’s.

I like the Brett Favre mentality to an extent, but I’d like to see a guy who is in between say what Alex Smith is and Brett Favre. That’s when you get the guys who are like the top QBs like we have today. A great QB who can make all the throws, but also makes the right decisions almost every time and doesn’t make bad decisions that costs his team wins.