2021 NFL Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t hate many people but Jay Cutler seems like the type of my ish don’t stink yuppie puppy that I’d absolutely loathe if so met him in real life. He was talented but his decision making was awful and I’m sorry, I would’ve been so annoyed if Snyder had allowed Cerrato to trade two firsts to Chicago for him in 2009.

If we had done that we don’t have Orakpo or TWill.

Now, maybe Cutler w/ the Shanahan’s returning in 2010 means more wins for us this past decade but I still don’t like the guy. I don’t think I ever will.

Jay Cutler got the rawest deal. He was on a team that just needed to retool!!! They had the premier LT him and BMarsh. If they would have just found a coach that could have reeled Jay to buy in Jay could have had an amazing career in Denver. But they went with McDaniels and Tebow. Sad because they had the pieces on offense a draft or two on defense with hits and your talking about about her decade of continuous titles they could have contended for

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The reason why people are so high on Wilson is because he can make every throw with ease. Trask just doesn’t have that kind of arm strength and it’s hard to substitute for that. That’s not to say Trask isn’t very good, he just might be but Wilson’s natural ability is what everyone is clamoring for. 

Trask as a good arm. I don't get the knock on him for arm strength. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Jay Cutler got the rawest deal. He was on a team that just needed to retool!!! They had the premier LT him and BMarsh. If they would have just found a coach that could have reeled Jay to buy in Jay could have had an amazing career in Denver. But they went with McDaniels and Tebow. Sad because they had the pieces on offense a draft or two on defense with hits and your talking about about her decade of continuous titles they could have contended for

Oh please. Jay Cutler was as much of the problem as McDaniels. Now, McDaniels should’ve kept them together I agree and learned to work with Jay better but still Jay was a malcontent who wasn’t coachable. Jay went to Chicago and with a great defense made one great playoff run. 

Jay wasn’t even as good of a QB as Kirk Cousins has turned out to be despite Jay having more natural talent. Don’t let the strong arm and the hype fool ya.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't have to. Watched a lot of BYU this year. I am being tongue in cheek with a caveat. The Big Ten SUCKS this year.

The conference is having a down year other than Ohio State, Indiana, Northwestern and Iowa - and Wisconsin & Maryland have been hurt by COVID - but, the BYU schedule is trash, like not even on the same level with anyone else who’s ranked in the top 20. I tip my cap to BYU for taking care of business and for Zach and his WRs for balling out but as an analyst said a month or so ago and I’m paraphrasing:

“It’s a real shame that BYU’s original schedule was pretty much all canceled this year and because they’re an independent they had to scramble to even have a schedule and play the teams they’re playing because it’s hurting their chances of being considered for the CFBP bc they’re not playing anyone when their original schedule was one of the best in the country.”

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The conference is having a down year other than Ohio State, Indiana, Northwestern and Iowa - and Wisconsin & Maryland have been hurt by COVID - but, the BYU schedule is trash, like not even on the same level with anyone else who’s ranked in the top 20. I tip my cap to BYU for taking care of business and for Zach and his WRs for balling out but as an analyst said a month or so ago and I’m paraphrasing:

“It’s a real shame that BYU’s original schedule was pretty much all canceled this year and because they’re an independent they had to scramble to even have a schedule and play the teams they’re playing because it’s hurting their chances of being considered for the CFBP bc they’re not playing anyone when their original schedule was one of the best in the country.”

I get it. You're down because they're playing lesser competition. I follow. They beat the pants off of Boise though - that's a team that would probably be as good as some of these teams Fields has played. He's playing well against CC tonight.

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I get it. You're down because they're playing lesser competition. I follow. They beat the pants off of Boise though - that's a team that would probably be as good as some of these teams Fields has played. He's playing well against CC tonight.

Not a chance, that Indiana defense that gave Ohio State’s offense - especially the OL - and Fields fits two weeks ago is elite, as is Northwestern’s defense. Boise State is ok this year but it’s not even as good of a team as they usually have like when they had Brett Rypien or back in the days when they had Chris Peterson as their HC and they were a threat every year to be a BCS team as a non-power 5 school.

Who’s CC? Costal Carolina? They’re only ranked bc of it being a COVID year and their schedule is also trash which makes them look better than what they are.

I wish BYU would join the Big12, PAC12 or at worst the American Athletic football conference and play teams like Cincinnati, UCF and Memphis.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

Not a chance, that Indiana defense that gave Ohio State’s offense - especially the OL - and Fields fits two weeks ago is elite, as is Northwestern’s defense. Boise State is ok this year but it’s not even as good of a team as they usually have like when they had Brett Rypien or back in the days when they had Chris Peterson as their HC and they were a threat every year to be a BCS team as a non-power 5 school.

Who’s CC?

Coastal Carolina.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Coastal Carolina.

Oh ok, I thought that’s who you meant.

They’re only ranked bc of it being a COVID year which has messed up the other big conferences ability to play more games/get more wins in non-conference which makes the power 5’s schools records look better.

Costal Carolina doesn’t play anyone - until tonight- their schedule is also trash like BYU’s which makes them look better than what they are.

I wish BYU would join the Big12, PAC12 or at worst the American Athletic football conference and play teams like Cincinnati, UCF and Memphis.

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh please. Jay Cutler was as much of the problem as McDaniels. Now, McDaniels should’ve kept them together I agree and learned to work with Jay better but still Jay was a malcontent who wasn’t coachable. Jay went to Chicago and with a great defense made one great playoff run. 

Jay wasn’t even as good of a QB as Kirk Cousins has turned out to be despite Jay having more natural talent. Don’t let the strong arm and the hype fool ya.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

I don’t he was tough while he had a great defense he had 0 at OL in the pass blocking dept. he got beat up in Chicago. If he had of played behind the line Tebow had in Denver with that team they probably play the AFC championship game then who knows. I don’t let the hype or anything distract me from the fact I watched that man get beat up week after week like no other good QB. But when your team trades 2, 1’s for you then whatever for BMarsh your losing developing assets so a year or two later your roster shows those voids. It happens almost every time. When the bears traded for Mack they peaked first year and by the 3 rd year you see his team missing players in positions they could have addressed in the draft with those picks. It’s why no player is generally worthy of the trade value unless your trading with Bill O’Brien

55 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's a thing? Haven't heard it much to be honest. The person with maybe the questionable arm is Jones, but even then. 

It’s definitely a thing.

Less this year than last, but it’s still not a plus. It’s not a *bad* arm, but I think it’s a notch down from Wilson, who I think is a notch down from Lawrence, Fields, and Lance. It’s enough arm for the NFL — but you’re talking about taking a guy in the top 10, pinning the future of your franchise on him, and he’s a pure pocket passer with almost no mobility and an “enough” arm. 

As I said earlier in this thread, I think, look at the young QBs who are having success at the moment — how many of them are lacking both mobility and a really strong arm?

Again, none of that means the guy can’t succeed. But it limits the ceiling, and it means he’ll need to be really really good in pretty much all the other areas of QB play. That’s a big bet to make, especially when you’re looking at a kid who was a really marginal prospect until this season and is putting up these huge numbers while playing with a ton of dangerous weapons to lean on. 

• Like 2