2021 NFL Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Right and the INt was a hail marry he hung 73 yards in the air!!! Their OC should be fired!!! They ran on 6 3rd and shorts and just completely played into what Coastal wanted and didn’t let Zach be Zach I won’t blame that performance on him can’t throw passes when they call idiotic run plays on critical downs like they did same play on 4 of the 6 it was a sad display of coaching

I don't even know how many drops the WRs had too. That 4th down one? Sheesh.

• Like 1

Just now, Troublez said:

We should stay away from Fields though....

He looked the best he has all year by far this week for Larry Johnson. He looked calm collected and he impressed me I know who they played. It’s the first time I’ve seen his arm that live. That said i still just don’t get that feeling on him. He’s a heck of a athlete and his game translates very well to early success and winning in that rookie window. That said just like every runner if the staff doesn’t make them sprinkle in NFL timing and rythm and they can’t play in the pocket that way they will have a hard time in January where teams scheme spy and zone you until you can make tight rythm window plays consistently enough to torch them when you do catch them on man because you beat the zone looks.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't even know how many drops the WRs had too. That 4th down one? Sheesh.

Oh they just looked off and the whole game. They beat themselves I felt in almost every situation they had a chance to take control they gifted them the ball and they just churned that run game down their throats.

5 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I haven't watched the BYU-Coastal game yet and it sounds like Wilson had a bad game which is bad for his stock, but I'd be willing to give him a pass this week as it was supposed to be a bye week and instead its a thrown together game with a top 25 team you have to travel across country for so it couldn't have been the best week for prep work as a QB.

I think 2 is the magic number at moment for this team,If we win 2 or more games I think we're looking at WR,TE,LB,or even DB whomever the best player is at them spots when we pick,1 or less wins and QB or OT would most likely be the pick unless they fall in Love with someone like Parsons.

Hilarious yet people were killing Fields for having a better game than what Wilson just had and Fields played vs a top 10 team in Indiana. The biased is real folks.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Oh they just looked off and the whole game. They beat themselves I felt in almost every situation they had a chance to take control they gifted them the ball and they just churned that run game down their throats.

Because they’re not that good. I’ve been telling you all all season. BYU only looks good Bc their schedule is trash. The CFBP people know that, the people who rank the teams know That, that’s why they were not top 10 despite being undefeated.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because they’re not that good. I’ve been telling you all all season. BYU only looks good Bc their schedule is trash. The CFBP people know that, the people who rank the teams know That, that’s why they were not top 10 despite being undefeated.

BYU can be exactly who I think they are but I’m scouting a QB who has elite arm talent good enough wheels and honestly was the only tough player I saw on the BYU side!! None of his guys took those dirty plays personal and stepped up for him I actually like him even more after by far his worse game

Just now, MikeT14 said:

This is so rich. I love it. 

I like Fields bc he is a good QB and at times he’s outplayed even Trevor Lawrence vs good to great competition like in last years CFBP vs Clemson. I could care less that he plays for Ohio State.

I don’t like Wilson for multiple reasons that’s I’ve talked about for a month.

I’ve also stated that the last two weeks I’ve been disappointed in Fields bc I don’t see the progression in the pocket and the quick decisions that I want to see. My cousin in Ohio was talking about that just as all of you have been saying and I acknowledge it and see it too.

I know one thing, I don’t want Zach Wilson with a top 10 pick. That’s overdrafting him by at least half a round. Based on how Fields has played the last two games vs more pressure bc the OL has sucked, I’m not even sure I’d want him with a top 3 pick anymore if that’s what we end up with - which a I acknowledge yesterday - but I think some of the issues that Fields had vs Indiana were squarely on poor OL protection and also the playcalling of Ohio State early in the game where they were running mostly deep routes aka long developing plays, the OL & RBs were missing blitzers and people were on Fields within seconds of the ball being snapped and there were no short outlets for Fields to throw to. That’s on coaching and Ryan Day adjusted which got the passing game going more and Fields ended up throwing for 300 yards still and 2 TDs on one of the best defenses in the country in Indiana.

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

BYU can be exactly who I think they are but I’m scouting a QB who has elite arm talent good enough wheels and honestly was the only tough player I saw on the BYU side!! None of his guys took those dirty plays personal and stepped up for him I actually like him even more after by far his worse game

You think that Zach Wilson played well last night? Because I don't. He’s getting overhyped while he’s been racking up stats vs trash competition. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

but I think some of the issues that Fields had vs Indiana were squarely on poor OL protection and also the playcalling of Ohio State early in the game where they were running mostly deep routes aka long developing plays, 

Literally the same thing we are saying plagued Wilson last night as @ripsean21 and I are saying. Poor playcalling, and his teammates letting him down

56 minutes ago, Troublez said:

We should stay away from Fields though....

Unless Fields really turns it around vs Michigan, in the Big10 Championship and in the CFBP, I think I’d bump him back a bit. I’m really struggling with justifying taking him #2 overall right now with the way he’s played the last two weeks from the pocket. The delayed blitz and pressure is really affecting him. He takes too much time and holds onto the ball too long which he gets away with at OSU bc the OL blocking usually affords him the time but when he’s pressured I’m not seeing him make enough quick decisions to get the ball out, instead he seems to be folding under the rush despite him being so athletic and capable of escaping the pocket/extending the play and making throws on the run.

I don’t know, to me, if Fields doesn’t improve, I don’t see a QB worth taking in this draft in the top 10 but Trevor Lawrence. Fields is not playing as well as he should be. Wilson did not play well vs freaking Costal Carolina. Your guy Trask & Mac Jones have been ripping up the SEC but, they have physical limitations that the other 3 QBs don’t have; they’re purely pocket passers.

I’m really having a tough time at this current moment justifying Washington taking a QB in the first round if we have a top 10 pick when there’s so much other talent there at OT, WR, ILB and TE.

Edited by turtle28

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Literally the same thing we are saying plagued Wilson last night as @ripsean21 and I are saying. Poor playcalling, and his teammates letting him down

Yes but there’s a difference that was Costal Carolina. It’s not equivalent competition to Indiana and Fields still threw for 300 yards, 2 TDs and a rushing TD - despite 2 bad ints & an unlucky int - against Indiana who was #9 and a great defense. Fields still accounted for 3 TDs while going against a great defense in arguably his worst game as a starter. That’s his floor!

The competition level was far different between those two games. I’d love to see Ohio State play Costal Carolina and see how Fields does, I’m sure he’s throw for at least 300 yards & 3 TDs.

Edited by turtle28