2021 NFL Draft Thread

20 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Someone who I like better is Northwestern OT Rashawn Slater No.70  Goes against C Young!

No disrespect intended against Slater, but as far as I can tell there were only a handful of plays where he was lining up against Young and actually engaged Young (they had Slater crashing down to the inside A LOT). To be fair, he did alright.

24 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

There’s so many good OT’s this year!!! I generally agree with DJ on this list I don’t. I like the ND LT more then I like Jenkins and Tucker. I can see why Slaters above Sewell. He’s a better technician but I don’t think he’s a physically gifted so that’s a preference thing. He gets the nod for playing this year that’s for sure. I also like Mayfield and Cosmi. But I do understand DJ’s rankings I love all 5 but there’s 10 that legit could warrant a first early second round pick OL is like DL two 3 years ago in this class

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

There are a lot of highly regarded olinemen in this draft in addition to Sewell.  It isn't a sewell or bust situation.  We are going to have plenty of great options in this draft no matter where we pick.

If we’re able to pick a QB in the first rd I hope we go OT in the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I only want to go QB if Kyle is 100% sold and Ron is 100% behind him on that player and Scott thinks his talents are exactly what belongs in this system. I know we were trashing it but I love the high low concepts and the RB heavy usage. An Elite TE could make this offense truely dynamic from a weapons standpoint. In the First it’s BPA between QB, TE, LB, CB, OL, FS.

I put them in that order because you have to think of the value of the draft. QB you either have a top guy or you should keep drafting them. TE and LB are the rosters biggest void of talent outside of the FS position. But outside of Holland I just don’t see a way in the first he is our highest rated player as much as I love him. OL I believe in the third round you can draft a guy who two years ago would have been a top 20 to early second round steal. This class is loaded almost to where next years class is jam packed because a few will stay because the log jam. So for me if that guy isn’t there at QB I’d look to BPA between TE, LB, CB. I think we can get huge value in the second on the line if we’re in the 10 plus range and your not staring at one of the top two OL you can get similar value in the 2nd. So maximizing each selection I think would be picking either 3 spots I mentioned. Because there’s a real chance that Pitts, Fairly, or a Zaven Collins could be avalible depending on our actual selection

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

Sorry if that was a cluster but I was basically saying to your point I don’t think drafting OL in the second is really too far off the mark of selecting one in the first especially due to where we ultimately could be picking which this week could be between 19 and 6. The next few weeks will clear that up but I don’t think that’s a bad spot due to the overall depth of the OL class. It’s a really good year to want to sure up a spot or two along the OL

BeeJay Williamson from LA Tech is a beast!!! Jumps out every game like he should. Super instictual plays Zone with the best of them which is more our system. I’d say this guys going to make some team look smart as I’d say you can probably steal this guy in the 5th!!! And he’s a gamer and just always finds himself around the football.

Anxious to watch Zach Wilson this afternoon. He’s exciting to watch, makes things happen. Getting used to the idea of us possibly drafting him. I think what impresses me the most is his accuracy throwing from the pocket and on the run. 

Looking forward to seeing him against a decent team. 

Really hoping they pull off a win, to give them a better shot at getting a New Year’s Six bowl and a chance to see how he plays against a team with more talent than his. 

32 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Looking forward to seeing him against a decent team. 

Really hoping they pull off a win, to give them a better shot at getting a New Year’s Six bowl and a chance to see how he plays against a team with more talent than his. 

That’s probably the biggest negative is the quality of competition.