2021 NFL Draft Thread

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So one game invalidates the rest of the work he’s done? If that’s the case then the Jets shouldn’t touch Lawrence after that national championship performance against LSU. It’s just a silly reason not to pick someone. 

I think rather, it validated everyone's concerns with him.  That doesn't mean he couldn't turn into an elite nfl qb, but it does tell you that he has a lot of developing to do if he is going to speed up to the pressure of nfl defenses and the generally tighter parity in talent of the nfl.

What I am interested in is if we can see how he responds to being under pressure again this season.  I think the only game we will really see that is when he plays Michigan in 3 weeks.  Some talent on the edge at michigan should force him to get rid of the ball faster.  I look forward to seeing how Fields responds in that game.

5 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I think rather, it validated everyone's concerns with him.  That doesn't mean he couldn't turn into an elite nfl qb, but it does tell you that he has a lot of developing to do if he is going to speed up to the pressure of nfl defenses and the generally tighter parity in talent of the nfl.

What I am interested in is if we can see how he responds to being under pressure again this season.  I think the only game we will really see that is when he plays Michigan in 3 weeks.  Some talent on the edge at michigan should force him to get rid of the ball faster.  I look forward to seeing how Fields responds in that game.

Should they beat Michigan and win the Big10 Championship game again and make it to the CFBP he will have a chance to showcase his abilities vs Clemson (like he did last year) or Alabama.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

No, they weren't. Washington had 0.001 worse SOS than Dallas, and thus they would have picked before the Cowboys.

Not according to Tankathon. Unless our win somehow made our SOS higher but I don’t think it works that way. 

On 11/23/2020 at 1:13 PM, Troublez said:

This... Justin Fields is a joke. Hard pass for me. Last weeks game just showcased what his critics have been saying for two years now. Dude couldn't even beat out Fromm. GTFO here....

So you will need to go a little bit more in depth for me, dawg.  Because as a Georgia fan, I can't hold Kirby picking the wrong QB against Fields.  Kirby wouldn't know the right QB if he was struck across the face with a Mike Tyson-esque punch by said QB.  

I mean, look at how long he waited to play Daniels this season, likely ruining a national-title level defense in the process.  At least we have Daniels, Pickens and Zeus coming back next year, but the secondary is going to be depleted.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So you will need to go a little bit more in depth for me, dawg.  Because as a Georgia fan, I can't hold Kirby picking the wrong QB against Fields.  Kirby wouldn't know the right QB if he was struck across the face with a Mike Tyson-esque punch by said QB.  

I mean, look at how long he waited to play Daniels this season, likely ruining a national-title level defense in the process.  At least we have Daniels, Pickens and Zeus coming back next year, but the secondary is going to be depleted.  

In full disclosure I lost a ton of $$$ last week on Ohio State. This is fueling my outlook on Fields :) 

I am probably being a bit immature about my outlook on Fields; however, he just didn't look like a QB that will succeed in the NFL.

• Like 1

I'm probably in the minority on this issue, but I want us to draft the BAP on our boards. Specially, in the first 3 or 4 rounds. Regardless of position.

If it happens to be QB? Great...

But I would not reach or overdraft for a QB, just because we're still looking for one.

We need talent at all positions, with the exception to D-line & Punter.

So I'm advocating at getting as many draft picks as possible, so we increase our chances of hitting on all our targets.

I think our scouting has greatly improved & we should take advantage of that.

Probably why I don't care whether we're picking 5th or 25th & wanting us to make playoffs.

Because I think I would trade down as often as I could this draft, anyways.

But winning is what changes a culture.

Not picking top 3 every year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm probably in the minority on this issue, but I want us to draft the BAP on our boards. Specially, in the first 3 or 4 rounds. Regardless of position.

If it happens to be QB? Great...

But I would not reach or overdraft for a QB, just because we're still looking for one.

So I'm advocating at getting as many draft picks as possible, so we increase our chances of hitting on all our targets.

I think our scouting has greatly improved & we should take advantage of that.

Probably why I don't care whether we're picking 5th or 25th & wanting us to make playoffs.

Because I think I would trade down as often as I could this draft, anyways.

But winning is what changes a culture.

Not picking top 3 every year.

Winning is what changes a culture and usually it takes a highly picked QB to accomplish that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I could be wrong, but this isn't quite the same thing is it? If you want BPA, don't you stand pat or trade up to go get those players? Acquiring more picks is more about adding quantity depth right?

58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I could be wrong, but this isn't quite the same thing is it? If you want BPA, don't you stand pat or trade up to go get those players? Acquiring more picks is more about adding quantity depth right?

True, but I'm talking about trading down if the BAP on the board isn't someone we want, have interest in, or need.

For example...

Let's say we're picking 20th in the draft.

And the best player on the board is a WR? A definite need..

But let's say it's someone the scouts don't like or want for whatever that reason may be...(will say work ethic)

But the chiefs really want him...and they trade up with us...at #32.

Pick #32 comes & Trey Lance is on the board. The best available player @32.

See what I mean? And we probably netted the chiefs 2nd in the process.