2021 NFL Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Picking 6th right now!

When we win again on Thursday, we’ll be moving back into that 10-12 range. Time to start forgetting about names like Sewell and Chase and Parsons — and start looking more closely at names like Cosmi and Smith and Moses.

14 minutes ago, e16bball said:

When we win again on Thursday, we’ll be moving back into that 10-12 range. Time to start forgetting about names like Sewell and Chase and Parsons — and start looking more closely at names like Cosmi and Smith and Moses.

If Dallas and Chargers win that might move us up. I wouldn’t say Turkey Day is a lock to win. Never know. If we do pick 10-12, hope Leatherwood is there. 

20 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Would you be ok with Pitts in that area, or would he be trade back only?

• Like 2

I’m gonna say that I’ve really done a lot of notes and I am hopping of the Penn ST TE wagon. I think he’s not explosive enough to not warrant a high round selection I think he struggles to get open. I think he’s essentially what we currently have. Can block alittle but I don’t think he will be a guy getting more then 3 to 5 TD’s. I just don’t see anything in his game that says he’s getting open in the NFL. He balls against the lesser defenses in my past notes but when I watched their biggest games last year he was invisible. This year he didn’t convince me otherwise. 

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Would you be ok with Pitts in that area, or would he be trade back only?

I’d absolutely be willing to take him. Especially if we were able to land a quality WR or OT in FA. He’s a special, game-changing player. One of the most dominant college TEs I’ve ever seen, probably that anyone has ever seen, I’d wager.

TE is well down the positional hierarchy, of course, but a guy like that transcends that sort of position value concern because he gives you an element that so few teams have (or can defend). If I had to guess right now, I think he’ll probably end up at about 8 or 9 on my personal board. 

The concussion thing is scary because of what we went through with Jordan Reed. Would love to see him bounce back and close out the season strong, because “supremely gifted receiving TE from Florida with head injury issue” feels a lot like deja vu to me!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If Dallas and Chargers win that might move us up. I wouldn’t say Turkey Day is a lock to win. Never know. If we do pick 10-12, hope Leatherwood is there. 

Yeah, I guess we learned that lesson when we lost to Chad Hutchinson on Thanksgiving during the Spurrier era. 

That was the day we learned once and for all that the name “Wuerffel” really was in fact just a combination of “worst” and “awful.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

We won’t beat Dallas. 

• Like 1

I’d absolutely be willing to take him. Especially if we were able to land a quality WR or OT in FA. He’s a special, game-changing player. One of the most dominant college TEs I’ve ever seen, probably that anyone has ever seen, I’d wager.

TE is well down the positional hierarchy, of course, but a guy like that transcends that sort of position value concern because he gives you an element that so few teams have (or can defend). If I had to guess right now, I think he’ll probably end up at about 8 or 9 on my personal board. 

The concussion thing is scary because of what we went through with Jordan Reed. Would love to see him bounce back and close out the season strong, because “supremely gifted receiving TE from Florida with head injury issue” feels a lot like deja vu to me!

When he got the concussion I literally said that would happen to him as much as I’m banging that drum!!! As you said hopefully he recovers and never looks back he’s the best college TE scout I have notes on.

Edited by ripsean21

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We won’t beat Dallas. 

I don’t think so either

i always want that win but idk they have been beat up in the news all year rightfully so but I think they come to play I’d love to beat them though

Edited by ripsean21

Yeah, I guess we learned that lesson when we lost to Chad Hutchinson on Thanksgiving during the Spurrier era. 

That was the day we learned once and for all that the name “Wuerffel” really was in fact just a combination of “worst” and “awful.”

Thats a new one, and I approve

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

Now 5th thanks to the Chargers.

That also essentially forecloses the 1st overall pick for Washington and makes the 2nd overall incredibly unlikely.

It’s all good. I’d rather we ruin Zach Wilson or Trey Lance than someone like Trevor Lawrence. If we got Lawrence and ruined him that means no matter what this franchise does we never have a chance at being good again and at least this way we still have some sliver of hope that that’s not the case if that makes sense lol