BrownLeader 2021 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

On 2/14/2021 at 9:49 PM, jimkelly02 said:

It’s hard to take these rankings seriously given how D’Anta Smith, OT, ECU and Jonathan Marshall, Arkansas, DT are ranked.  I stopped after seeing those to be quite honest.  I’m literally shocked a thread with rankings like this would receive so many messages.

Even though those Bama DL tend to underwhelm as pros, Marshall over Barmore is too much, I'll concede that. Marshall is a good run defending prospect but he struggles to finish. Barmore's the opposite. He gets wrecked vs big physical OL's but his closing speed is unique. I think it's close but the pass rusher is always the higher value. Taking more looks at all the top guys, Daviyon Nixon might have the fewest weaknesses of all of them.

But **** that on OT Smith. He is that guy.

I think Lawrence is an awesome prospect, but I also think Wilson is an awesome prospect, so I honestly don't find it that shocking if some teams are higher on him. I'm sure Lawrence will go #1 still, but Wilson has quite a few traits that remind me of Aaron Rodgers and I think he has the potential to be an elite NFL QB if he hits his ceiling.

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I know. It's just hilarious we go through this same hoopla every year and nothing changes.

The last unquestioned, everyone knows it, #1 overall QB was 9 yrs ago.

5 hours ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Just like the teams who "preferred RG3 to Luck"

RG3 was supposed to be a transcendent, better than Vick, type unicorn. Not at all the situation here.

Edited by BrownLeader

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

The last unquestioned, everyone knows it, #1 overall QB was 9 yrs ago.

I'm talking about the fact there's prospects we all know are elite/above others and yet we get random leaks that people run with from teams picking lower/have no chance of getting said player either downing them or saying they're lower than they should be.

19 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Kind of funny that Luck wasn't the best QB in that draft. Oddly enough a guy with the last name Wilson became the best QB in that draft.

Mostly because the Colts broke Luck by not protecting him....OL is critical for a QB to be truly successful. Wilson has complained about his recently. 

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Mostly because the Colts broke Luck by not protecting him....OL is critical for a QB to be truly successful. Wilson has complained about his recently. 

Wilson was better regardless. Wilson has had bad OL problems for much of his career if memory serves me right especially early on where he had to use his legs a ton to make plays