BrownLeader 2021 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

On 12/1/2020 at 6:48 PM, Ozzy said:

Terry on FSU has fallen, sadly if he sat out this year he probably would have been picked higher.  But not all his fault and he still could be a great pro, but did not play well but those QBs are awful on FSU and that offense does not fit him.  

Having Terry at #29 on the list should be a crime. I know he had a tough year, but he would have challenged for a first round draft slot if he came out last year. The guy has rare ability to separate vertically as a 6'4" WR. I know he had some drop and attitude issues this year, but there wasn't another WR we played in 2019 that gave C.J. Henderson the business like Terry did. Terry has some issues, but his potential is absolutely through the roof, especially on an offense that likes going vertical.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Having Terry at #29 on the list should be a crime. I know he had a tough year, but he would have challenged for a first round draft slot if he came out last year. The guy has rare ability to separate vertically as a 6'4" WR. I know he had some drop and attitude issues this year, but there wasn't another WR we played in 2019 that gave C.J. Henderson the business like Terry did. Terry has some issues, but his potential is absolutely through the roof, especially on an offense that likes going vertical.

I have him way up there as well, like top 10 material possibly before the season but clearly with his attitude issues this year and lack of production.  Hard to be impressed with that, and what has he done lately?  Fact is not much.  I love him as a prospect but he will drop in this draft.  Giving CJ Henderson the business I am not surprised by, I think Henderson was wildly overrated coming out and got beat like a drum at times last year over and over, yet still was a high pick so good for him but not sure he is some world beater out there or something.

Fact is some guys have really separated themselves from Terry.  Devonta Smith is a dynamo and arguably the #1 WR off the board, Waddle was amazing before his injury and would be picked over Terry all day, same with Elijah Moore arguably who has been a monster this year.  Rondale Moore has been pretty good the little he has played and I could see him going ahead of Terry, same with Bateman who came back and look good despite continued poor QB play.  Seth Williams has been awesome this year and could get picked over Terry, same with Terrace Marshall who has been great this year and so has Toney.  So that would put Terry in the 2nd round possibly.  Could argue Chris Olave if he comes out would be taken over Terry and maybe Tylan Wallace or Justyn Ross but that is a little more of a question mark there.

Maybe he will run great at the combine but I doubt he has some 4.3 speed or something.  Just sucks with that situation, that team did not perform well and honestly they should have with the players they had coming back.  Terry did not perform well either, and it is not like he had some amazing QBs last year but obviously last year he was way more impactful.  But no question he could be a massive steal if he drops to the 2nd or 3rd round and I think he very well might.  The attitude stuff this year does not help though, not one bit.  

Sucks in that FSU bowl game against ASU last year, it looked like many on the FSU program really wanted to turn things around and really wanted to do well for themselves and the school as a group, especially the likes of Terry and Wilson.  Clearly that emotion and passion did not carry over but it is a crazy time for everyone obviously with what is going on.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I have him way up there as well, like top 10 material possibly before the season but clearly with his attitude issues this year and lack of production.  Hard to be impressed with that, and what has he done lately?  Fact is not much.  I love him as a prospect but he will drop in this draft.  Giving CJ Henderson the business I am not surprised by, I think Henderson was wildly overrated coming out and got beat like a drum at times last year over and over, yet still was a high pick so good for him but not sure he is some world beater out there or something.

C.J. wasn't getting beaten like a drum last year. He would generally get "beaten" when Grantham stupidly had him play 10 yards off and teams threw underneath him or when the safety blew the coverage (or another Gator defender did something stupid, like running into him on a pick play). He covered some other top guys, including Ja'Marr Chase, quite well. Terry is the only guy I saw last year straight up giving him the business without any real aid. Regardless, I am well aware that he'll drop, and I'm saying he's going to be a steal. I don't care much about what happened on the dumpster fire that was FSU this year.

• 2 months later...

*Updated rankings in the OP

Higher on than most:

QB Zach Wilson

QB1 after watching more. Arguably the best arm talent in this class and the best at managing heavy pass pressure to find space to throw. Comp. skinny Russell Wilson

WR Elijah Moore

Plays like an explosive RB with great hands. Comp. Derrick Mason

DT Jonathan Marshall

Reportedly a freak athlete that consistently gets off the ball, drives his man back and handles the double. I think he'll be a more productive pro. Comp: Javon Hargrave

WR Jhamon Ausbon

Slept on opt out imo. Reminds me of Comp. Keenan Allen

RB Ken Gainwell

Former WR but runs with good power along with his speed and quick feet. Comp. stronger Tony Pollard

CB Benjamin St-Juste

Looked at him more after showing out senior week and I was impressed. Physical, fluid 6'3 corner with size. Comp. a fluid Brandon Browner

LB Tony Fields

Especially undersized but flies around and punches above his weight. Comp. a little Fred Warner

OG Robert Hainsey

Irish RT belongs inside and I think he'll be dominant. Comp Richie Incognito

Lower on than most

QB Trevor Lawrence

Rocket armed, quick release 6'6 guy with linear running ability and production at every level but...his pocket presence is sub par. He's not near as good at buying time/managing a crowding pocket as he should be with his athleticism. His poise wavers when guys are flying at him and he rushes things. Comp. leveled up Daniel Jones

QB Justin Fields

Big armed guy with accuracy in clean pockets and bruising running ability. But his panic moments under pressure and slow reads are flags. Reminds me a lot of a smaller Cam Newton or Comp. a brass balls Mitchel Trubisky

DE Greg Rousseau

A typical Clemson type DE imo. Comp. Kevin Dodd

LB/ED Azeez Ojulari

I like Ojulari a lot but not strictly as an edge rusher. I think he has a good all around game and could be looked at as a Mike in some schemes, or a Leo ideally in others. Comp. Albert McClellan

DT Jalen Twyman

Small, short armed and gets routinely driven back. Comp. Marvin Austin

CB Jaycee Horn

Tactile guy with great length and ball skills but his mirror ability isn't ideal. High cut and will have to become a bully with his hands to compensate. Comp. a ball skills Dontae Johnson

Edited by BrownLeader

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Woooo, your CB rankings are super bold.

Screenshot-2021-02-13-TD-talkdraft-13.pn

I don't think too much separates #3 to #14. I'd probably give all 2nd-3rd round-ish grades. A few guys I like more than most in there like Bynum, St Juste, and Shak Brown but otherwise I think everyone likes those guys.

Not especially high on Aaron Robinson yet though I've seen some 1st round projections.

15 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Screenshot-2021-02-13-TD-talkdraft-13.pn

I don't think too much separates #3 to #14. I'd probably give all 2nd-3rd round-ish grades. A few guys I like more than most in there like Bynum, St Juste, and Shak Brown but otherwise I think everyone likes those guys.

Not especially high on Aaron Robinson yet though I've seen some 1st round projections.

Why did Bynum fall to 8 when he was first for you?