Would you trade for Sam Darnold?

Lil' Shorty

There isn’t a designated thread to general news discussion I don’t think so just started a new one.

I think the future of NFL QBs has to come with them having mobility. The Brady or Manning drop back and pass with zero mobility just isn’t going to get it done in this new NFL unless you are really elite from the pocket ie Brady to this day.

Its well documented Adam Gase ruins players, so if we could trade a 2nd or 3rd for Darnold, would you do it to have him sit 1-2 years behind Brady as the backup and then hope he can take over? Tons of talent and mobile, but can BA salvage his once promising career?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indifference said:

No. We have Rosen lets just roll with him and see what happens

This issue for me with Darnold is they will probably at least want a 2nd and while I think he’s got way more QB upside than any 2nd round pick next year you only make that trade if you think he legit gets a shot at the franchise starter after Brady. Bowles did draft him... Rosen has a ton of talent but he’s a statue and extremely rattled from the pocket thus far. Idk if Rosen is any more than a good backup after this year.

So the question is do you keep rolling with no plan after Brady (no way we draft a QB in the 1st next year cuz we’ll need a new LT lol) or do you try to give Darnold better coaching and system on a team that has the once HC who drafted him?

I don't know what the plan will be after this season to replace Brady in 2022 or whatever. Have to go through all other options, and it's probably too early to do that right now. I mean really, Aaron Rodgers or Jordan Love will be available at some point here in the next couples years...

But Darnold is hard to judge this year with such a **** show of a team the Jets are. He probably deserves another shot, but I haven't seen many Jets games to see much of him. 

With a cap hit of 9.7 million, not going to happen.  Remember Rosen was cut so his rookie deal was voided.  

As long as Brady is playing next season, get rid of Gabbert and Griffen.  Draft a QB during day 2 and hope one of the 2 back ups is the future.  

Considering the Qb physical profile - my very early Qb prospects for Day 2  for the Bucs- Mac Jones (if he declares), Sam Ehlinger (Texas), and Kyle Trask (Florida)

Edited by ravishingone

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Darnold a better prospect obviously but Rosen is familiar with Leftwich. We may have a good back up QB on our hands worst case.

If Darnold is cut, then I have no issue with having him on the roster over Rosen.  Rosen is still on the PS, there is no guarantee they even sign Rosen to a future s contract.  I m sure they probably will.  I would not want 2 reclamation projects on the roster.  1 reclaimation and 1 drafted prospect.  Enough with carrying Gabbert and Griffen on the roster who have zero chance being the future.