Falcons fire HC Dan Quinn, GM Dimitroff; Raheem Morris to be interim HC

.Buzz

23 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

quinns scheme is awful (at least i think its the scheme). consistenely soft coverage that allows almost effortless short to mid range completions. its been embarassing to watch the last two  plus years.

It's from that Pete Carroll tree. Gus Bradley brought it here and Todd Wash, who also worked under Carroll, have continued it.

It's trash.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:51 PM, .Buzz said:

It's from that Pete Carroll tree. Gus Bradley brought it here and Todd Wash, who also worked under Carroll, have continued it.

It's trash.

The scheme is just very basic and doesn't require the players to think to much.  Theirs very little disguises and different looks for the offense to have to guess on.  It does alloow for the defensive players to play faster and not think as much which is a huge plus but it also requires for said players to be just flat out more talented than the guys their going against and win on talent alone.  Thats why the old seattle defense was so good it was loaded with top shelf talent and once they started moving on and getting older you see what seattle is now.  It's also why very few coach's coming from there succeed is because they don't have the talent to run the scheme. 

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

The scheme is just very basic and doesn't require the players to think to much.  Theirs very little disguises and different looks for the offense to have to guess on.  It does alloow for the defensive players to play faster and not think as much which is a huge plus but it also requires for said players to be just flat out more talented than the guys their going against and win on talent alone.  Thats why the old seattle defense was so good it was loaded with top shelf talent and once they started moving on and getting older you see what seattle is now.  It's also why very few coach's coming from there succeed is because they don't have the talent to run the scheme. 

Which isn't the type of defense you want to be running. Basic/easy for them is also super easy for an opposing offense to pick apart. I've seen offensive players after they play is say basically that before.

Just trash. Carroll still runs the concept of it I'm pretty sure but he's adapted. No one who's left there and took over a prominent coaching job (that I've seen) has. 

We've been running it for seven years so it's taken a toll if you couldn't tell.