Scott Turner’s offense

naptownskinsfan

10 hours ago, offbyone said:

I know I am beating a dead horse....but there is no way we can even figure out if it could work unless he fixes the run game.  It is a crying shame we didn't keep Peterson if only to clearly determine if the problem is the running backs.  It seems to me that Turner and Matsko need to be locked in a room and change the blocking scheme immediately.  

They’re not going to change the scheme, it’s not the scheme it’s the players. The left side of our OL are not good run blockers, Scherff is out and Moses is hit or miss as a run blocker. The OL just gave up 8 sacks, I think that’s worse than the 3 sacks Haskins had last week. The OL & Thomas are why we can’t run block, Thomas is a worse run blocker than Jordan Reed.

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The problem is that there is so much change going on.  Changing from man blocking to zone blocking.  Changing offensive schemes.  Now changing QBs.  This was always going to be a rebuilding year, and now pressure is on this team to win the division despite all of those changes, and the problems with Coronavirus and the off-season program.  

Ron wants to talk about putting his players in a position to succeed.........he's not doing that right now.  Sometimes success isn't measured by wins and losses.  

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Edited by turtle28

Scott Turner is the son of Norv Turner, whom Rivera hired in 2018 to be his offensive coordinator while head coach of the Carolina Panthers temporarily making Norv the fourth Turner family member on the offensive staff before moving on from Norv’s nephew Cameron (went to Cardinals), and Norv’s brother Ron.

When Rivera was fired from the Panthers last year, Scott was moved to offensive coordinator for the final four games, and went 0-4 while failing to score more than one meaningful touchdown in any game despite all-world running back Christian McCaffrey. When removing garbage-time TDs in the last 5 minutes, Scott’s offense only averaged eight points per game.

I dont know why I still bother with this team. Team has given away or run off a dozen quality staff that could fill the role. And we get this worthless joker thats only around because of his name.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont know why I still bother with this team. Team has given away or run off a dozen quality staff that could fill the role. And we get this worthless joker thats only around because of his name.

I wonder how long his leash is here..........his last name might speed up the process here to be honest. 

Guys. I FOUND his offense.

I was walking my dog this a.m.

Suddenly she hunched over and after a few moments she came toward me wagging her tail. There on the ground, was his offense. 

Of course I bagged it up and threw it away. 

So if you're looking for it in the future, it will be in the Loudoun Co. Landfill.

• Like 3

Scott Turner had never won a game as OC before coming back against Philly in week 1. Carolina’s offensive numbers were pretty drastically worse when Carolina made the switch from Norv to Scott. He’s just as unproven as Haskins if we’re being honest. No pedigree outside of his bloodlines.

Same could be said about Scott Turner that was said about Dwayne Haskins: While the team has little talent, he has shown absolutely nothing that could lead someone to think he could be the guy.

EDIT: And I’m no fan of Haskins, just being honest about the situation.

I think both can be true: Haskins can have questionable work habits, be immature and just stink at QB, but Scott Turner can also stink at his job. 

Rivera seems to be sticking his neck out for Turner though...

Edited by A TRAIN 89
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Scott Turner had never won a game as OC before coming back against Philly in week 1. Carolina’s offensive numbers were pretty drastically worse when Carolina made the switch from Norv to Scott. He’s just as unproven as Haskins if we’re being honest. No pedigree outside of his bloodlines.

Same could be said about Scott Turner that was said about Dwayne Haskins: While the team has little talent, he has shown absolutely nothing that could lead someone to think he could be the guy.

EDIT: And I’m no fan of Haskins, just being honest about the situation.

I think both can be true: Haskins can have questionable work habits, be immature and just stink at QB, but Scott Turner can also stink at his job. 

Rivera seems to be sticking his neck out for Turner though...

Rivera staking his reputation on Turner is equivalent to Mike Shanahan staking his reputation on Jon Beck. Rivera’s reputation is about to be in the crapper w/ Shanahan’s. 

Edited by turtle28

By the way, anyone consider the irony of all this?  Everyone whines that Snyder picked Haskins based on association with a school his kid went to, well it seems Rivera picked one of the most crucial coaches for the team based on his relationship with his dad.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

By the way, anyone consider the irony of all this?  Everyone whines that Snyder picked Haskins based on association with a school his kid went to, well it seems Rivera picked one of the most crucial coaches for the team based on his relationship with his dad.  

One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

On 10/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, Thaiphoon said:

Guys. I FOUND his offense.

I was walking my dog this a.m.

Suddenly she hunched over and after a few moments she came toward me wagging her tail. There on the ground, was his offense. 

Of course I bagged it up and threw it away. 

So if you're looking for it in the future, it will be in the Loudoun Co. Landfill.

My dog took a giant Scott Turner offense on our run yesterday. It was next to a pile of Dwayne Haskins footwork too. 

• Like 3

Just wanted to bump this thread. Honestly, at this point, I have no clue how you bring him back next year to work with what I presume will be a first round rookie QB? We can’t run, we have no deep shots at all and the receivers are continuously running into each others routes across the middle of the field. I’m not sure if Rivera did this as a favor to Norv but my god he’s awful.

The insistence on playing Barber and McKissic over Gibson is simply baffling and I have no clue what it’s going to take for them to leave Cam Sims on the field? He’s clearly better than Wright and AGG. I just can’t believe after what we saw from KOC when he took over play calling that this is where we’re at after Rivera stubbornly forced Scott in here. Really sad situation considering it probably cost us the development of Haskins. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Just wanted to bump this thread. Honestly, at this point, I have no clue how you bring him back next year to work with what I presume will be a first round rookie QB? We can’t run, we have no deep shots at all and the receivers are continuously running into each others routes across the middle of the field. I’m not sure if Rivera did this as a favor to Norv but my god he’s awful.

The insistence on playing Barber and McKissic over Gibson is simply baffling and I have no clue what it’s going to take for them to leave Cam Sims on the field? He’s clearly better than Wright and AGG. I just can’t believe after what we saw from KOC when he took over play calling that this is where we’re at after Rivera stubbornly forced Scott in here. Really sad situation considering it probably cost us the development of Haskins. 

He will be back because hes "One of the boys".

What I hate most about the American sports system compared to the rest of the world. No incentive to win. Every owner gets the same basically. Fans hate Snyder. Snyder sours on team and just uses it as a money print. Sticks guys like Bruce or Ron in charge to man the ship while hes doing whatever else. So they pack in their buddies and all, and remain content being mediocre cause the moneys flowing for Dan.

Need some type of relegation or heavy decrease in profit share amount before anything gets shown happening for this team. Imagine if playoff team owners got double the share of nonplayoff teams. Wed had 15 trades the past offseason, cap space used, someone like Dabo as coach and pushed hard to win.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He will be back because hes "One of the boys".

What I hate most about the American sports system compared to the rest of the world. No incentive to win. Every owner gets the same basically. Fans hate Snyder. Snyder sours on team and just uses it as a money print. Sticks guys like Bruce or Ron in charge to man the ship while hes doing whatever else. So they pack in their buddies and all, and remain content being mediocre cause the moneys flowing for Dan.

Need some type of relegation or heavy decrease in profit share amount before anything gets shown happening for this team. Imagine if playoff team owners got double the share of nonplayoff teams. Wed had 15 trades the past offseason, cap space used, someone like Dabo as coach and pushed hard to win.

I think part of the issue this season is Dan is trying desperately to hold onto the team. No I don’t think he’ll be forced to sell but considering the allegations against him and the team, he should be. It’s hard for me to agree that Snyder doesn’t want to win or doesn’t care about it, I just think he sucks at it. I do think he loves the team and would kill for a super bowl but his decision making is so poor that’s it’s just never going to happen. If by some act of god we do end up with Lawrence they’ll ruin him too.