Michael Thomas... seriously?.......

Mid Iowa

MT likes to run his mouth too, I'm sure Xavier Rhodes can attest to that. Well, by late October his ankle sprain should be all but gone then. Let's count ourselves fortunate he hasn't lined up against Jalen Ramsey yet, I could see some punches getting thrown there too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

They are just so.....dumb. I don't get it. Ridiculous penalties. A secondary that doesn't do assignments apparently. I can't see this team getting to the playoffs. They lack in so many places.

Well that was nice. Brees actually stretching the field.
I'm surprised to see the saints tie it up, and also very pleased. I would be great to see them pull it out, but yeah, this doesn't look like a playoff team tonight.

4 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm not sure what to think about Brees. He's not seeing the field, or he's afraid. He's missing open guys left & right.

Secondary is just as big of a concern. These guys couldn't cover a baby with a blanket

• Like 2

How did we pull that one out?

Goodness that is an ugly win as I can remember. Still a W is a W and we go into our BYE with a 3-2 record.

Most years I hate early BYEs but this one is well timed. Dennis Allen has two weeks to learn how to coach a secondary, and I think that's enough time for him to atleast read one of those "how to coach a secondary for dummies" type books. We looked horrid in a lot of places. O-line wasn't consistent. Brees hesitated a lot and missed guys. Secondary couldn't cover. Run D wasn't consistent.

The best part of this game was the D-line got pressure early and often.

Still we need to improve ALOT if we want a prayer at a playoff appearance.

• Like 1

Far from a perfect win tonight, but man was it fun. Even got to see Brees throw a very rare deep ball for a touchdown. A couple undisciplined plays really made this game worse than it should have been, which has been a running theme with this team this season.

The roughing the kicker when we were down 6-3 about to get the ball back, which kept the Chargers on the field and led to a touchdown for them was tough to watch.

Then yet another boneheaded lapse of judgement from out secondary by Patrick Robinson giving up a long touchdown on a completely blown coverage on 3rd down. 

These are the types plays that need to be cleaned up more than anything if we are going to make any sort of playoff run. Was happy to see less Pass Interference/Defensive Holding penalties though. Herbert made some nice plays tonight and it's hard to fault the defense on some of them. The guy looks like he is going to be a good one for the Chargers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Far from a perfect win tonight, but man was it fun. Even got to see Brees throw a very rare deep ball for a touchdown. A couple undisciplined plays really made this game worse than it should have been, which has been a running theme with this team this season.

The roughing the kicker when we were down 6-3 about to get the ball back, which kept the Chargers on the field and led to a touchdown for them was tough to watch.

Then yet another boneheaded lapse of judgement from out secondary by Patrick Robinson giving up a long touchdown on a completely blown coverage on 3rd down. 

These are the types plays that need to be cleaned up more than anything if we are going to make any sort of playoff run. Was happy to see less Pass Interference/Defensive Holding penalties though. Herbert made some nice plays tonight and it's hard to fault the defense on some of them. The guy looks like he is going to be a good one for the Chargers.

There's a reason he went into last season as arguably the #1 QB prospect with Tua.

Bad first half, much better second half.

Brees looked fine in the second half.  He’s looked much better than he did first two weeks of the season.  And I’m not talking about his velocity and never have been.  He hasn’t had velocity in years.  It was his accuracy that was uncharacteristically bad beginning of the season.  

We may not ever see peak Brees again, but we can win games with second half Brees and a defense that stops blowing coverages and committing dumb penalties.

• Like 1

This is one of those games where the winning team is worried and the losing team is amped coming out of it. We've had midseason turnarounds before, but I just don't know about this year. Agreed on the timing of the bye week, we need to get healthy and get into the right place mentally as a team. Carolina in 2 weeks, division game and Teddy B is their QB. What looked like a footnote game pre-season is suddenly very very important.

The big thing right now: it's not good enough to just win, we need to show complete performances, both sides of the ball, for 4 quarters. 

• Like 1