Week 6: Falcons (0-5) at VIKINGS (1-4)

swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't trust your predictions. I don't think we match up well at all with Chicago.

Anyways, inspired Falcons will likely end up having a come from behind win instead of blowing the lead. I think they win 31-28.

While this is a Falcons thread, you wait and see, the Bears are going to crumble like an overdone cookie. Foles, if he's still the QB, is a nothing-burger outside of Philadelphia...and the Bears defense can be run on.    

To be serious about this coming game though, I do expect to see a better performance from Atlanta then they've played thus far, but Zimmer does have a history of success against the Falcons...in fact, he's 4-0 against them while he's been the head coach here.  I fully expect him to handle them again.  The Falcons offense has been middle of the pack, which isn't enough to carry their really bad defense.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Anyways, inspired Falcons will likely end up having a come from behind win instead of blowing the lead. I think they win 31-28.

That's the wildcard with the coaching changes, sometimes it provides just enough of a spark for the team. We'll see what happens on Sunday!

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

While this is a Falcons thread, you wait and see, the Bears are going to crumble like an overdone cookie. Foles, if he's still the QB, is a nothing-burger outside of Philadelphia...and the Bears defense can be run on.    

To be serious about this coming game though, I do expect to see a better performance from Atlanta then they've played thus far, but Zimmer does have a history of success against the Falcons...in fact, he's 4-0 against them while he's been the head coach here.  I fully expect him to handle them again.  The Falcons offense has been middle of the pack, which isn't enough to carry their really bad defense.

2019: 6-31-1TD

2017: 2-24-0

2015 5-56-0

2014 6-82-0

Theses are Julio Jones stats against Rhodes. He's no longer here. If Jones is healthy, this game could get out of hand

• Like 1

Here we go again. One of a few reasons why MN shouldn’t have extended Cook. He can’t go a season without getting dinged up and we’re only a handful of games into it. It’s unfortunate because he’s really talented but what good is that talent do you’re not suit it up to play or playing through it?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

2019: 6-31-1TD

2017: 2-24-0

2015 5-56-0

2014 6-82-0

Theses are Julio Jones stats against Rhodes. He's no longer here. If Jones is healthy, this game could get out of hand

Julio Jones, outside of the game vs. the Seahawks, has been a non-factor all season long.  I'm not sure I'm all that concerned.  And if I recall, last year, Rhodes wasn't even on him exclusively...and even in the instance before Rhodes (in Jones' rookie year), Jones was a non-factor.    Ridley, potentially, is going to be a bigger problem than Jones.  

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

And this is why we should see a little sunshine in all the darkness...

• Like 2

Speaking of Tuesday Night Football, I really haven't been paying all that much attention to Ryan Tannehill, but WOW...he has really improved as a passer.  I noticed last night how much faster the ball comes out of his hand than I remembered when he was in Miami.  Plus he still has good to great athleticism.  Do you think Spielman could con...I mean work with the Titans for a straight up trade of Kirk Cousins for Ryan Tannehill?  A guy can dream can't he!?

8 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Speaking of Tuesday Night Football, I really haven't been paying all that much attention to Ryan Tannehill, but WOW...he has really improved as a passer.  I noticed last night how much faster the ball comes out of his hand than I remembered when he was in Miami.  Plus he still has good to great athleticism.  Do you think Spielman could con...I mean work with the Titans for a straight up trade of Kirk Cousins for Ryan Tannehill?  A guy can dream can't he!?

Ryan Tannehill is a month older than Cousins.

19 hours ago, swede700 said:

Julio Jones, outside of the game vs. the Seahawks, has been a non-factor all season long.  I'm not sure I'm all that concerned.  And if I recall, last year, Rhodes wasn't even on him exclusively...and even in the instance before Rhodes (in Jones' rookie year), Jones was a non-factor.    Ridley, potentially, is going to be a bigger problem than Jones.  

I think Ridley poses a problem is Jones is on the field. Ryan doesn't seem to be the same QB without Jones.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

All I want is Tuesday Night Football. We are 1-0 in those games.

We used to be the only team that could say we were undefeated on Tuesday Night Football, now the Titans join us. Too bad it wasn't our game that was on Tuesday night with them so we could have defended our crown!

• Like 1