Star Wars Battlefront II

JBURGE

On 1/16/2018 at 4:05 PM, showtime said:

It's hilarious that they nerf the exploding sentry ability, yet do nothing to the Emperor.  I guess they nerf only the things people complain about, and since folks rack up the kills with Palps, no one complains. 

I'm not an online player, but I played the story - it was nice. Interesting. Played like a movie, which most titles seem to these days, and then it ended. Not sure I'll pick it up again, and it reinforced why I avoided spending so much money on these types of games for so many years. The new film suckered me in and I got SW fever. What can I say.

I will say though, arcade 'story' mode is pretty decent. Using Maul, Vader, etc. is cool for a few minutes.

Edited by Purple-Pride07

On 1/17/2018 at 5:08 PM, Purple-Pride07 said:

I'm not an online player, but I played the story - it was nice. Interesting. Played like a movie, which most titles seem to these days, and then it ended. Not sure I'll pick it up again, and it reinforced why I avoided spending so much money on these types of games for so many years. The new film suckered me in and I got SW fever. What can I say.

I will say though, arcade 'story' mode is pretty decent. Using Maul, Vader, etc. is cool for a few minutes.

So you're not gonna play it again? Do you have my mailing address or do you still need it

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Finally got a chance to pick this up cheap and honestly I am really enjoying the strike and extraction modes. I'm pleasantly surprised with how much fun it is. The Conquest mode is just so far behind the perfect balance of BF 1 that it just doesn't feel good to play. Plus hero characters based on skill with unlimited recharging health really hurt the balance of some maps. Extraction so far is perfectly balanced and no hero characters to screw everything up. 

On 6/29/2018 at 10:56 AM, Spartacus said:

Finally got a chance to pick this up cheap and honestly I am really enjoying the strike and extraction modes. I'm pleasantly surprised with how much fun it is. The Conquest mode is just so far behind the perfect balance of BF 1 that it just doesn't feel good to play. Plus hero characters based on skill with unlimited recharging health really hurt the balance of some maps. Extraction so far is perfectly balanced and no hero characters to screw everything up. 

Agree. I also love the new progression system. This is what should've been in the game from the start. 

I love that we're finally getting Clone Wars characters (Obi-Wan, Anakin, etc.) as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 5:22 PM, Lions017 said:

EA must just have a skeleton crew working on this game. They've basically abandoned it. Apparently we're getting one new map and four characters through next winter. That's just not enough to keep people engaged. 

Onto the next Battlefield, or onto Anthem.  Things are the same with SWTOR, the amount of content that comes out now compared to other MMO's is ridiculously inadequate.  They essentially pushed everyone in Bioware Austin over to Anthem.  

One would think Disney is not happy with any of that, but alas, it doesn't seem that way. 

• 1 year later...

I thought this thread was still around.  Anyway, they dropped the final content update today.  They added Scarif from BF15 to the supremacy mode, and also made an "Age of Rebellion" playlist from the other maps.  

This game was plagued from the get-go, but over the past year DICE seemed to hit their stride with it.  It's been fun to hop in from time to time.  But in any case, it now appears that this is it, minus some bug fixes.  

youtube.com/watch?v=5K3sonZ1VwE

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 11:55 AM, Heimdallr said:

this game is free on PS+ this month. 

While support is over for the game, I would recommend getting it and giving the current online modes a go.  I really developed a liking for co-op games, and sequel supremacy, even though there are only three maps for it.  It's definitely a completely different game than what we had at launch.