More likely to go 0-16

NYJets4716

More likely to go 0-16  

73 members have voted

1. 1. More likely to go 0-16

• Jets
    • Giants

Giants play in a really bad division.  They could definitely get a game from one of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Washington.

Who are the Jets beating?  The worst team left for them to play are the Dolphins 2x.  But Dolphins look much better than them.  They might be able to beat the Chargers because it's the Chargers, but I do think they go 0-16.  They have no talent, no impact players or game changers.  Bad QB.  Bad defense.  Bad RBs.  Who's their best offensive player, Jamison Crowder?  And on defense, I couldn't even tell you.  And maybe the worst head coach in the league.  They didn't even slow down the Broncos none.  Jets are not winning a game.

I'd probably take the 2008 Lions and 2017 Browns over them.  Browns were competitive in a lot of games.  Lions had Calvin.  

The only other bad team I can think of to compare them to are the 2009 Rams.  And that team only won because they played the 2-14 Lions who went 0-16 the year before.  Jets don't have a game close to that easy left on their schedule.  And that Rams team had Steven Jackson, so the Jets are probably even worse than them.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Looking at their remaining schedules

Jets:

@LAC
Buf
@KC
NE
@Mia
Bye
Mia
Lav
@Sea
@LAR
Cle
@NE

Giants:

Was
@Phi
TB
@WAS
Phi
@Cin
@Sea
Ari
Cle
@Bal
Dal

I can easily see the Jets going 0-16 but I can also see them getting a game against Miami or New England in week 17 if the game means nothing to the Patriots. I think the Giants probably win this weekend.

Yeah but at the same time they gave up 37 points to a injured Broncos team so, I doubt they are able to beat a backup Patriots squad if that were the case.   Especially if we ride with Gase for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

Yeah but at the same time they gave up 37 points to a injured Broncos team so, I doubt they are able to beat a backup Patriots squad if that were the case.   Especially if we ride with Gase for the rest of the season. 

Watch, you guys will hand Buffalo their first loss and give Gase an extension ;)

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Giants play in a really bad division.  They could definitely get a game from one of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Washington.

Who are the Jets beating?  The worst team left for them to play are the Dolphins 2x.  But Dolphins look much better than them.  They might be able to beat the Chargers because it's the Chargers, but I do think they go 0-16.  They have no talent, no impact players or game changers.  Bad QB.  Bad defense.  Bad RBs.  Who's their best offensive player, Jamison Crowder?  And on defense, I couldn't even tell you.  And maybe the worst head coach in the league.  They didn't even slow down the Broncos none.  Jets are not winning a game.

I'd probably take the 2008 Lions and 2017 Browns over them.  Browns were competitive in a lot of games.  Lions had Calvin.  

The only other bad team I can think of to compare them to are the 2009 Rams.  And that team only won because they played the 2-14 Lions who went 0-16 the year before.  Jets don't have a game close to that easy left on their schedule.  And that Rams team had Steven Jackson, so the Jets are probably even worse than them.

The defense is a disaster without Jamal Adams, he held them together last season. They have bad CBs, no pass rush, decent interior  DL actually John Franklin Myers is having a good year and Quinnen Williams is flashing at times. But besides that they are really bad.   OFfense is pathetic, bad coaching and bad players. Their hope was Mims came out and was good but hes injured so now they have no threat at WR besides Crowder.  Herndon has been a let down. The only highlight on offense was watching Becton dominate people but hes injured so now they are really bad. 

The Jets will 100% go 0 for the division. The Giants will probably win at least a couple of games against Washington and/or Philly. 

The Jets' schedule is absolutely brutal. They have one game left against a "bad" team and that's @LAC, who are much better than their record indicates.

Edited by Starless

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

The defense is a disaster without Jamal Adams, he held them together last season. They have bad CBs, no pass rush, decent interior  DL actually John Franklin Myers is having a good year and Quinnen Williams is flashing at times. But besides that they are really bad.   OFfense is pathetic, bad coaching and bad players. Their hope was Mims came out and was good but hes injured so now they have no threat at WR besides Crowder.  Herndon has been a let down. The only highlight on offense was watching Becton dominate people but hes injured so now they are really bad. 

I forgot about Quinnen Williams.  I remember seeing that he was having a solid year.

But yeah that team just needs an entire overhaul similar to those Rams teams.  They were bad bad, and it makes you wonder how much it contributed to Bradford's failings.  I think Lawrence is/will be a better prospect, but hopefully the Jets make some smart choices going forward, especially at HC.  They have had a disastrous run of HCs

Considering the Jets are looking to apparently trade Crowder, that won’t help their chances any. Unless it’s a deal for a player to help out their OL.

I do think with the Bills defense being a bit leaky and it being a divisional game that could be a potential win worth considering. Along with the Dolphins.

I don’t like their chances against the Chargers considering their pass rush should feast against that terrible OL.