Valkyrie Mafia: D8 Ends Saturday at 10 PM EST

The Orca

1 minute ago, jasonwbantle said:

This is dangerous to town. How is he ok to be left alive? 

I mean ya'll can block me if you feel I'm a threat.  I'm not but whatever I get it. Not town so thus scum.  I'm not going down the Whicker train with ya'll cause I did that once and it's no fun.  I'm sure I'll be the lynch when you don't have actual scum. 

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

You said no multiball, I listed reserve army as a possibility. Based on swag logic. You did say that lol 

There's no reason to believe there are multiple factions in the game. Bcb as a survivor role doesn't change that.

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:
4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Correct. I don't care who wins the war as long as I survive basically.  I'm that ***** who runs away in every movie basically 

Who is your character and what is your alignement?

He gave that information a few pages back. 

Im interested in what color he is. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

There's no reason to believe there are multiple factions in the game. Bcb as a survivor role doesn't change that.

From what I recall from history class on this 30+years ago, multiple people wanted control after Hitler was to be removed.

How the game is setup is unknown at this point

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just scanned over several pages that I missed, and saw multiple uses of "irregardless". That's almost voteworthy. 

But I'll roll with Swoosh's take

Butters

24 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Daboyle 

Claimed cop result from n1

Vote Count

2 BCB- Swag, Dome,

9 Daboyle- Bcb, Matts, Mwil, Glen, BBB, Daniel, Blue, Forge, Squire

1 BBB- Counselor

2 Swag- Jason, Pickle

1 Matts- KSJ

A little over an hour until night

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

@MWil23

You have thoughts on game setup given your understanding of the theme?

I did my senior thesis on this exact subject/event in college, and in one of my electives, I show this film, which is surprisingly accurate. I posted the plot synopsis and five step summary, in relative detail, which is ironic as Pickle doesn't seem to think that either of those posts are relevant.

BCB's character is essentially a guy that ruined the plot by inadvertently moving the briefcase after knocking it down, in which he put it behind the table leg, sending the explosion the opposite direction that it would have gone, thus not killing Hitler, and that ironically killed him instead (he died one day later from his wounds). A year before the Valkyrie plot, he unwittingly transported glasses and alcohol that carried a bomb (which never detonated), so he was more of a pawn in the scheme(s).

Truth be told, it's nearly impossible to know who WAS/WAS NOT directly involved. For example, we know that General Rommel was involved in some capacity (Hitler forced him to ingest cyanide and then shoot himself or he'd kill his family), but it may have been a passive knowledge that he didn't report, or rather an overt attempt.

There is at least ONE person that was playing both sides, who turned on Stauffenberg and everyone else, knowing about the attempt, and saying "I always end up on the right side, and as long as the Fuhrer is alive, you know what side that will be on." He had them summarily executed, and after an intense months long investigation, was summarily also executed.

I suppose you could make it a multiball or have some survivor, but Hitler himself would have only seen two sides, as well as those involved:

Hitler aligned (see, the unconditional oath at the beginning of the movie) or otherwise.

• Like 2