NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Jemarl Baker 7-7 from 3

Could really use that shooting at UK right about now.... but it's no coincidence all the shooters seem to transfer. Cal just way too hard on them for some reason, gives them short leashes. Just not running a modern offense conductive to the 3 ball these days. 

This is the worst a UK team has looked in Cal era. Will they end up as bad the NIT team? TBD, being that it's all freshmen there is certainly room for growth, but the lack of a PG is going to remain a hug problem and challenge Cal's actual coaching ability. Askew is genuinely one of the worst players in all of college basketball playing significant minutes, and that is not hyperbole.

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Could really use that shooting at UK right about now.... but it's no coincidence all the shooters seem to transfer. Cal just way too hard on them for some reason, gives them short leashes. Just not running a modern offense conductive to the 3 ball these days. 

This is the worst a UK team has looked in Cal era. Will they end up as bad the NIT team? TBD, being that it's all freshmen there is certainly room for growth, but the lack of a PG is going to remain a hug problem and challenge Cal's actual coaching ability. Askew is genuinely one of the worst players in all of college basketball playing significant minutes, and that is not hyperbole.

Now I’m curious, Askew or Ryan Harrow?

21 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Now I’m curious, Askew or Ryan Harrow?

Right now it's not even close, Harrow by a mile... but Askew should be a senior in HS and Harrow was with the program for 2 years and in his 3rd year of CBB, so he his struggles were definitely more frustrating. Askew just looks like he's not ready for this level, and it is perplexing why he continues to get minutes. Cannot do anything. I mean, even with the age excuse, it's pretty concerning how lost he looks, but I'll give him a bit of a leash.

B1G is such a juggernaut this year. Nearly swept ACC on day 1.