Panthers Post Game

dll2000

YA the score and how close game was is not true indication of what took place yesterday  ... we wooped a hot team in their town  !! refs were just plain awful, that PI call on Jaylon at the 1 was unforgivable, that call gave them 7 ... bridgewater pulled off so many houdini escapes through INTENSE pressure yet the game was never in doubt 

I love this team ! proud of this team !! Nick Foles and the weapons on offense will get more and more in sync ...  the run game HAS to get back to where is was weeks 1&2 !  I don't know how we can improve the OL on the fly mid season because diff making OLmen are held onto very tightly .... but I do believe that we can bring in another RB to move the needle. Foles getting more in sync plus a sig boost in backfield talent can overcome our OL deficiencies, or in other words this is the only plausible solution to fix the run game. I would even kick tires on Beastmode, poach the best ps back, or even give up a midround pick for an established bruiser. weather will get colder and colder and this D is special. we have the best KR in NFL ! field position should always go our way !   getting the run game going at 4yds a clip is all we need  ! Monty is very good but clearly not enough  !!

• Like 1

If we go .500 the rest of the way, we win 10 games ! rams  saints  titans up next  ... if we can get 2 of these games, will be very difficult for seattle to keep pace ! GB seems like the biggest threat to #1 NFC seed, we won't play them until 11th game  and then again week 17 

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I am still astounded at the continued Foles bashing.   Gigantic difference in decision making and ability to convert 3rd downs.

Yes he had a horrendous INT, but those things happen.   Especially when under pressure.   After a turnover you want to immediately stab other team to demoralize them.   This is a long time inside football thing.   Throw a bomb after a turnover and take their heart and win right there.  

I guarantee you that was what Foles was thinking.  He just did a boneheaded thing.  

Yeah, QBs are going to throw INTs at times...it happens...sometimes it will drive you to pull your hair out.

I'd also like to add that there is absolutely no way in this world, or any other, that Trubisky can make that TD pass to Kmet. None. 

I say this also in regards to Foles vs. Trubisky and I strongly suspect it is true at several other positions, especially offensively.  

Trubisky was given the benefit of the doubt. It was a very, very, stupid move by Nagy.

I am glass half full guy or try to be, but Bears can not win a championship with this Oline.  It isn’t about Foles or Nagy.  

The line will play better. Will they end up being top notch? No. But they'll end up in a better place than they're at now. The whole offense will improve. 

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

All those who are in FIRST PLACE in the NFC North, please raise your hands...

015159.jpg

Way to go, Bears fans!!!!!!!!!  :D:D:D

Be careful about spreading too much good cheer around here. Most of us have to be mad we're in first place, apparently. 

Edited by Heinz D.

Jefferson looks like one of best WRs in NFL.   Vikings may not be far from contending again.  They still have a number of extremely talented football players on the team.  Chemistry and attitude is just bad and team holes are being exploited in major ways.

Thanks dll2000.  Yeah, this is just turning out to be a throw-away year for us.  I don't even know if Mike Zimmer will be coaching here next year because it looks like the team might be quitting on him.  If he is still here, it probably means we won about 6-7 games.  If that happens, I'd love to draft Florida State DT Marvin Wilson up on our D-line with Danielle Hunter, Michael Pierce, and Yannick Ngakoue.  That could make for a pretty nice front four.  As you said, Jefferson does look like he is off to a nice start.  Our two rookie corners are taking their rookie lumps, but aren't looking completely horrible, so that gives some hope for the future.  We have some good pieces assembled, and I think we could actually be decent again next year.  I'm actually hoping this season will totally implode and we will be in the running for a good QB.  It's a long shot for Trevor Lawrence, but hope springs eternal. 

In the meantime, I'll be cheering for you guys to make good on the prediction I have been making all offseason, namely, that the Bears win the NFC North.  It sounds like your defense is reverting to their previous beastly selves, and if that happens, things should be looking good for you.  Best of luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The OL lacks talent.

It lacked talent before they hired Juan Castillo and blew smoke up all of our skirts.

It lacks talent now.

It looks like the Jets are beginning a fire sale. I'm sure Becton is untouchable, but do they have any other linemen that it would make sense for Pace to inquire about? 

Are they any free agents or practice squad guys Pace should be looking at? 

59 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It looks like the Jets are beginning a fire sale. I'm sure Becton is untouchable, but do they have any other linemen that it would make sense for Pace to inquire about? 

Are they any free agents or practice squad guys Pace should be looking at? 

I thought McClendon would be a nice DL move but Tampa already got him

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Anybody catch Mack's TFL on the Panthers drive late in the game or even have a video/GIF? He quite honestly threw the OT and stuffed Davis. 

Let me finish watching the Cowboys get shlacked and I'll put one together. Mack was beast again. Our defense in general is a top-3 and are only getting better every week. I just wish Pagano would stop putting Trevathan in man coverage against RB's on passing downs. It was an issue last year and it's carried over into this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Anybody catch Mack's TFL on the Panthers drive late in the game or even have a video/GIF? He quite honestly threw the OT and stuffed Davis. 

Okay, NFL must have JUST released the All-22 and I've legit went through every defensive play in the 4th Q and I don't see one single play that you're talking about. 

11 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Okay, NFL must have JUST released the All-22 and I've legit went through every defensive play in the 4th Q and I don't see one single play that you're talking about. 

I could've swore it was the 4th quarter. It was around the Bears 40-45 yard line and it was a 3rd and 2 or something. Carolina ended up converted on 4th down. Maybe it wasn't Mack? Maybe I'm delusional and saw it in my dreams?

I usually record the games and rewatch but with a newborn I haven't done that this year due to lack of time.

EDIT- I looked at my text messages and I texted my brother about it at 2:28 pm, so maybe the 3rd quarter?

Edited by beardown3231

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I could've swore it was the 4th quarter. It was around the Bears 40-45 yard line and it was a 3rd and 2 or something. Carolina ended up converted on 4th down. Maybe it wasn't Mack? Maybe I'm delusional and saw it in my dreams?

I usually record the games and rewatch but with a newborn I haven't done that this year due to lack of time.

EDIT- I looked at my text messages and I texted my brother about it at 2:28 pm, so maybe the 3rd quarter?

Big congrats on the sex. #humblebrag

• Like 2