Packers are going to be fine

Packman04

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

How do any of us know if Rodgers said anything at practice?  And shouldn't that be the coaches job to address this kind of stuff?

My point was if practice was such an issue, then they should have noticed it at the time, not after they got their a** kicked and use it as an excuse.. And yes its on the coaches but the players as well. Rodgers is the leader and face of the team. It's his job to hold himself and his teammates accountable and if he can't do that, he doesn't deserve to where a "C" on his jersey the rest of the time he is in GB. Don't thing I'm throwing the blame on all Rodgers, other players deserve blame too, they should all be holding each other accountable. The coaches can only do so much.

8 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

McCarthy's team is in 1st place in their division while GB isn't

checkmate

LOL ... I truly hope this is in jest.  The NFC East is one of the worst divisions ever in NFL history right now.  A .500 record would be running away with it and a 6-10 or 7-9 record could very well win it.

22 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL ... I truly hope this is in jest.  The NFC East is one of the worst divisions ever in NFL history right now.  A .500 record would be running away with it and a 6-10 or 7-9 record could very well win it.

You bit

I think we will be fine but I see a couple of things that need to be cleaned up immediately. 

1. Rodgers needs to go back to running the offense through the open person instead of keying in on Adams. Our RBs in the pass game are our best weapon and went totally under utilized against the Bucs. 

2. The O line and RBs need to figure out what the heck went wrong with those middle blitzes. They really screwed the pooch on pressure up the middle. 

3. Find the pass rush again. Whatever they are doing isn't working. 

• Like 1

Todd Bowles just wrote the blue print to beating the Pack.  We should be able to counter that scheme with the return of swervin' Ervin.  Too bad we abandoned a lot of the motion we use with Ervin, but the first quarter we did fine.  Then it seemed like we quit trying and ARodg reverted to playing like last year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Todd Bowles just wrote the blue print to beating the Pack.  We should be able to counter that scheme with the return of swervin' Ervin.  Too bad we abandoned a lot of the motion we use with Ervin, but the first quarter we did fine.  Then it seemed like we quit trying and ARodg reverted to playing like last year.

I'm not so sure. Hope so....but not sure.
Saw a video clip on Twitter of the stunts TB was running with their LBs to get at AR....up the middle or off the edge.....and I'm not sure having Ervin running from one side of the field to the other would affect these stunts....in so much as I dont see a LB following along with him. My guess is most DCs have a DB of some sort moving with Ervin. We'll see.

Not everybody has a quick and aggressive pair of LBs like TB to begin with.....so there's that.

21 hours ago, Howler said:

I was focused on the offensive side of the ball because that's where this team will succeed or fail IMHO. How much of the salary cap is tied up in the offense? A sizable portion I suspect. I was pointing out the main neutralizers to LaFleur's scheme and corresponding personnel.

Pettine plays a light front which is going to be susceptible to power running games. Defense is complimentary to the offensive unit and built to pass rush with a lead.

I get all that and the offense sputtered simply because Bowles outcoached MLF, plain and simple; but when the offense craps the bed the defense needs to pick up the slack and make some extra plays here and there. That is what the Packers organization just doesn't understand; it's why we lost in 2011 in a game that was very winnable had Dom not quit in the second half. When we lose, it's because the offense gets cute and tries to do stuff outside of itself and the defense can't stop a nosebleed.

The issue Sunday was that the defense should've made Brady's life a nightmare. If the Bears defense could do it, there's no reason the Packers defense couldn't and they couldn't because Pettine played too soft. Nick Foles did not really do all that much for the Bears if you really look at it; their defense won them that game and they have a middle-of-the-road defense at all three levels if you really look at it. We on the other hand, have a top-5 pass-rush that's hardly been used this year, a top-5 secondary IMHO, an improving ILB unit, and a defensive line with two gaping holes opposite Kenny Clark. We had Kenny back Sunday so there was no excuse not sending the kitchen sink at Brady frequently and often. It never happened.

Think of it this way, we SHOULD have lost to the Vikings at home in Week 2 of last year and we DIDN'T because our defense rose to the occasion. In fact, the Smiths are what kept us in most games early on in the season before the offense gelled better. This year, it's been a bend-don't-break defense yet again because Pettine's been playing soft given the incredible lack of talent outside of Kenny Clark and maybe Keke.