Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

Meanwhile, Boston has it's most impressive victories recently against Toronto and OKC and almost beating GS, all while using a 9 man rotation and NOT the silly 10-11-and 12 man shuttles Brad Stevens uses all year long. Really??? I have been screaming this ALL YEAR. Too many players playing makes it too hard to get players in rhythm. How does Brad just now figure these things out.  

Kyrie playing his best ball ever perhaps now as well. 

Hopefully Boston can finally play like their extremely talented roster says they can play like.

I really don't like the idea of giving up Tatum, Brown (salary filler??) and all Boston's draft picks for AD straight up even with a guarantee that he extend. But the fact that he might not, would be disastrous. Yet if AD does not go to Boston, then the chances of extending Kyrie gets lower IMO. 

This is a very dangerous offseason. It really needs to start with Boston coming out of the East. Anything less may lead to doom.

DeAndre Jordan or Enes Kanter. BOSTON NEEDS to tweak their roster with one of these guys if available. I especially want Jordan. His shot blocking defense and PNR to the basket would be great. Plus Boston can have AH come off he bench as 6th man. I am going to be so tight if Boston doesn't at least show interest.

The one part of their roster that can use an upgrade is at center over Baynes and/or Theis. 

So know Marcus Morris is claiming Boston hasn't been fun for a while,  because all of the "Individual play" etcc..

I have been complaining ALL SEASON long that Boston takes "dumb" shots.

Reason why BRAD ******* STEVENS. he doesn't have balls. Brilliant mind however but not having Balls will lead to most disappointing season ever. and holding on to players like Brown and Rozier especially may end up causing Kyrie to bolt. Not to mention he has never restricted M Smart sometimes totally retarded sht selection. 

Well Brad made this bed and all of our Celtic fans have to sleep in it. 

#****BradStevens

Edited by resilient part 2

I seem to recall you guys just last season calling this team "The Spurs of the East". Sounds like you've changed your tone a bit. Not saying y'all aren't a championship caliber team, because you are, but has the way the team collectively approaches the game fundamentally changed since last year?

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I seem to recall you guys just last season calling this team "The Spurs of the East". Sounds like you've changed your tone a bit. Not saying y'all aren't a championship caliber team, because you are, but has the way the team collectively approaches the game fundamentally changed since last year?

They're overloaded with wings that don't really fit well together. If they can move a couple of guys and pair Kyrie with another star that compliments his game they'll be fine.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

It's so much easier to have better chemistry when you don't have so many mouths to feed I've been claiming this before the first game of the season I said it was going to be trouble I thought what I said was an obvious thing now we see the fruition of having too many talented players especially when many are young and trying to prove themselves. If there aren't any chemistry issues then Brad Stevens and Boston can be like the Spurs of the East. Problem is you need a Stern coach to handle all these Eagles and Brad Stevens clearly isn't up to the task. Back in my day a Chuck Daly or Pat Riley would have been perfect for this situation. Or at least a Popovich or Rick Carlisle. Brad Stevens since his career has started has allowed so much freedom so much individual play so much poor shot selection without any discipline oh, this is the result of what happens to that

I wanted Boston to trade at least Terry Rozier so we can get something good in return while lessening the overload of perimeter players trying to prove themselves. Ainge did not make the trade because he wants insurance for Kyrie leaving. All in the meantime having so many guys may end up being the reason Kyrie leaves which is ironic because Ainge may be causing the reverse to happen

Edited by resilient part 2

• 1 month later...

So Boston is 11 and 11 with Kyrie since Jan and 9 and 1 when Kyrie is out. Both have 5 wins against playoff teams. Kyrie is playing so well, maybe his best ever, yet the more dominant he becomes the less the ball is shared, hence the less effective others become. But in the playoffs Boston will need a closer. 

I have never seen a dilemma quite like this. 

• 1 month later...

As I have said throughout this thread, less is definitely more concerning too many "ball needy players". Losing Smart is a blessing because now Boston basically has a 7 or 8 man rotation. Jaylen Brown finally got in going with a 8 for 9 performance. Doesn't happen with Smart starting. With Brown Boston doesn't lose anything on defense without Smart but gains a more dangerous offensive threat. This also allows Kyrie to be more aggressive.

I do wonder if Semi O will get any significant playing time vs the Bucks since he did a respectable job defending against Giannis in last year's playoffs.