Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

Free Agent Wish List Power Rankings:

(I don't want Durant/Kyrie/Horford/Middleton and I highly doubt Butler/Klay/Kemba/Porzingis/Kawhi are choosing Boston.)

$$$$

$$$

$$

$

1. D'Angelo Russell G $$$$ RFA

2. Maxi Kleber F/C $$$ RFA

3. DeMarcus Cousins C $$$$ UFA

4. Ed Davis C/PF $$ UFA

5. JJ Reddick SG $$$ UFA

6. Harrison Barnes F $$$ PO

7. Bojan Bogdanovic F $$$ UFA

8. Brook Lopez C $$$ UFA

9. Patrick Beverley G $$ UFA

10. Paul Millsap F $$$ TO

11. Darren Collison PG $$ UFA

12. Corey Joseph G $$ UFA

13. TJ McConnell G $ UFA

14. Ricky Rubio G $$ UFA

15. Taj Gibson PF $$ UFA

Edited by DoleINGout

I can't remember a year where Boston has so many possible outcomes with their draft picks trades and free agents, that I have no idea what Boston's roster will actually look like next year. It's kind of exciting in a way though. But worrisome. Ames could really blow this thing if he's not careful or got us for title contention. Most interesting offseason by far ever

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

With KD's injury and inability to "join" Kyrie, does this mean Boston tries to convince Kyrie that by adding AD, he will get his best chance at a title now??

Not saying this will happen, BUT bet Ainge will use this type of leverage.

Still think the Kevin Durant injury hasn't changed at hing.  There's clearly bad blood between the C's and Kyrie.  Why would he re-sign with Boston when he can either go to Brooklyn and be the guy OR go to the Lakers and play with LeBron again?  I'd say it's something like 85% chance he ends up with the Nets, 10% he ends up with the Lakers, and 5% chance he ends up with the Knicks.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Still think the Kevin Durant injury hasn't changed at hing.  There's clearly bad blood between the C's and Kyrie.  Why would he re-sign with Boston when he can either go to Brooklyn and be the guy OR go to the Lakers and play with LeBron again?  I'd say it's something like 85% chance he ends up with the Nets, 10% he ends up with the Lakers, and 5% chance he ends up with the Knicks.

Bad blood is not with Boston but some of their players like Rozier and probably Brown. Kyrie does like Stevens and Ainge and Boston can still pay the most $..

Not saying that Kyrie will sign, just pointing out it may not be as "dead" as people think.

25 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I disagree, KD's injury changes EVERYTHING about EVERYONE. It reshapes the whole off-season, whether he opts out still or not. 

Let me plays devil's advocate for a second.  How much is actually tied to Kevin Durant?  Let's go down the list of FAs.

* Kawhi Leonard supposedly has been angling to get to Los Angeles since he asked out of San Antonio.  They dealt him to Toronto, and they're one win away from winning an NBA championship.  Why would Kawhi suddenly change gears and go from either Toronto or Los Angeles to New York?  There were some rumblings about him going to the Knicks, but they were far quieter than either Toronto or Los Angeles.  I'd still say there's a 99% chance that he's in a Raptors, Lakers, or Clippers uniform next year.

* Kyrie Irving was reportedly rumored to be looking to team up with Kevin Durant on the Knicks after he walked back his commitment to Boston.  Then as the season wore on, the Nets seemed to be getting louder and louder and then there was the apology from Kyrie to LeBron that opened up the door for the Lakers.  I'd still put the Nets as the heavy favorites to land Kyrie Irving, but the Durant injury certainly hampers the Knicks' chances of signing Kyrie especially if Durant did tear his Achilles.  I think I'd put the odds of 85% chance he's in a Nets uniform next year, 10% in a Lakers uniform, and 5% in a Knicks uniform.  You probably would have had something like 75%/5%/20% prior to the KD injury.  Kyrie is from New Jersey.

* Klay Thompson wasn't leaving the Warriors for the Knicks.  If the Warriors offer him the max, he's going to re-sign there.  If not, maybe he look at the Lakers.  But he's not leaving the Warriors.

* Jimmy Butler is following the money.  He's probably the FA that's most impacted by the Durant injury, especially if Philadelphia doesn't offer him the max.  Who offers him the most money?  Clippers need a star, they have motivation.  The Lakers have LeBron, they have motivation.  Jimmy Butler could team up with an injured Durant on the Knicks or Kyrie in Brooklyn.  The latter seems far more likely.  Jimmy Butler is probably the only guy who is tied to Durant IMO.

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What bad blood? Kyrie didn't like the young guys acting like it was their team. You stay making ish up bro.