Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

If that were the case, wouldn't you think that we'd be hearing more about Kyrie re-signing with Boston?

You'd hope! He's always been a NY guy. This was the rumor before he even put a Celtics jersey on. I'm still waiting for you to prove that there is bad blood, but I know you can't so round and round we'll go.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

You'd hope! He's always been a NY guy. This was the rumor before he even put a Celtics jersey on. I'm still waiting for you to prove that there is bad blood, but I know you can't so round and round we'll go.

What do you want me to say?  That there's some TMZ report that Kyrie slept with Brad Stevens' wife?

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, is New York really going to say no to Jimmy Butler simply because Kawhi is still deciding?  Unless the Knicks truly believe they're in on Kawhi (and to this point, nothing has indicated that Kawhi is interested in the Knicks), they're going to go with the guy who commits to them.  The worst thing the Knicks can do is wait on KD/Kawhi who they realistically don't have much of a shot to sign (moreso Kawhi than KD) and risk losing everything.

Unless Kawhi tells them no, then yes, they'd wait.

Just now, CWood21 said:

So you're telling me they'd risk EVERYTHING just for the 1% chance that Kawhi would sign with them?  I disagree.

If Kawhi told the Lakers he was still considering them, would you want the Lakers to go ahead and sign Jimmy Butler?

Just now, seminoles1 said:

If Kawhi told the Lakers he was still considering them, would you want the Lakers to go ahead and sign Jimmy Butler?

I think there's some miscommunication here.  What do you think the odds of Kawhi signing with the Lakers are?  Odds with the Knicks?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think there's some miscommunication here.  What do you think the odds of Kawhi signing with the Lakers are?  Odds with the Knicks?

It doesn't matter what I think or what random rumors I read, it matters what players are telling the teams. Kawhi was simply an example for free agency waiting on the top players. Not top 5 or 6, but the best of the best.

If he tells the Knicks they're still in it, they'll wait for him and won't just throw a max at Jimmy Butler. Same with the Lakers. Same with the Nets. Same with the Clippers.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It doesn't matter what I think or what random rumors I read, it matters what players are telling the teams. Kawhi was simply an example for free agency waiting on the top players. Not top 5 or 6, but the best of the best.

If he tells the Knicks they're still in it, they'll wait for him and won't just throw a max at Jimmy Butler. Same with the Lakers. Same with the Nets. Same with the Clippers.

But if you're not realistically going to have a shot at signing Kawhi (and the Knicks aren't supposed to be one of the teams he's seriously considering), why would they risk everything?  On the off chance that he goes off the board?

Just now, CWood21 said:

But if you're not realistically going to have a shot at signing Kawhi (and the Knicks aren't supposed to be one of the teams he's seriously considering), why would they risk everything?  On the off chance that he goes off the board?

Again, they aren't supposed to be one of the teams because of rumors you are reading. You have no idea if that's true or not. Should the Knicks (or any team) just trust ESPN and make their free agency decisions based on how they report?

If Kawhi tell the Knicks he won't sign, then they'll move on. If he tells them they're in it, then they'll wait.

You are overcomplicating this by trying to add unsubstantiated rumors. My point is based on what the player is hypothetically telling the team, not what us as fans are reading on the internet.

Again, they aren't supposed to be one of the teams because of rumors you are reading. You have no idea if that's true or not. Should the Knicks (or any team) just trust ESPN and make their free agency decisions based on how they report?

If Kawhi tell the Knicks he won't sign, then they'll move on. If he tells them they're in it, then they'll wait.

You are overcomplicating this by trying to add unsubstantiated rumors. My point is based on what the player is hypothetically telling the team, not what us as fans are reading on the internet.

Has anything suggested to you that Kawhi is seriously considering the Knicks?   Odds are high that Kawhi and KD know where they were going.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Has anything suggested to you that Kawhi is seriously considering the Knicks?   Odds are high that Kawhi and KD know where they were going.

Oh. My. God.

Dude, read what I'm writing. Please give that a shot and don't just revert to talking about rumors.

I'm saying if Kawhi or Durant told those teams they were considering them, then those teams would wait. That's it. That's all I'm talking about. I'm not going back and forth with you about where players are rumored to sign and who they're gonna team up with.

Oh. My. God.

Dude, read what I'm writing. Please give that a shot and don't just revert to talking about rumors.

I'm saying if Kawhi or Durant told those teams they were considering them, then those teams would wait. That's it. That's all I'm talking about. I'm not going back and forth with you about where players are rumored to sign and who they're gonna team up with.

I mean, granting them an interview doesn't mean they're seriously considering them?  Sometimes it's just about giving teams' favors.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, granting them an interview doesn't mean they're seriously considering them?  Sometimes it's just about giving teams' favors.

Holy **** man. How many ******* times do I have to say if the player tells the team they're still in it, not just having met for an interview?

I'm done here. You aren't processing anything. He's all yours again, @MookieMonstah.