Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

On 11/9/2019 at 7:06 PM, Leader said:

Hayward's numbers through 7 1/2 games...

55% from the floor
43% from the 3
17.9 ppg
7.1 rebounds
29.9 points/48 minutes

Road trip: 27-33 (82%) on 2-point shots, 33.8 points/48 minutes

I had no idea Gordon Hayward was even close to returning. But just announced he will be in the lineup tomorrow. He may be rusty for a bit. Once he gets acclimated again as a shooter scorer and most underratedly a playmaker , Boston will be playing even better over the next month then they have so far this year.

Weapons and Playmakers, not to mention Boston's trademark defense.

Of all the reasons mentioned for why Kemba > Kyrie works much better for Boston, One thing I didn't see mentioned was durability. It seems Kyrie is hurt yet again for a good portion of the season while I can't remember Kemba and his small frame ever being substantially injured in his years in the league or college.

With Hayward back, Stevens can rotate players and still keep 2 shooters/scorers in the lineup at all times between GH, Tatum, Kemba and Brown. Only strange problem will be with 2 mins to go in the 4th in a close game, Smart should/will be in for defensive purposes.

Boston's close out unit of Kemba-Smart-Brown-Hayward-Tatum. Somehow I guess Smart will end up boxing out opposing teams centers. He'll probably win that battle most times to.

Edited by resilient part 2

On 12/10/2019 at 12:16 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Of all the reasons mentioned for why Kemba > Kyrie works much better for Boston, One thing I didn't see mentioned was durability. It seems Kyrie is hurt yet again for a good portion of the season while I can't remember Kemba and his small frame ever being substantially injured in his years in the league or college.

With Hayward back, Stevens can rotate players and still keep 2 shooters/scorers in the lineup at all times between GH, Tatum, Kemba and Brown. Only strange problem will be with 2 mins to go in the 4th in a close game, Smart should/will be in for defensive purposes.

Boston's close out unit of Kemba-Smart-Brown-Hayward-Tatum. Somehow I guess Smart will end up boxing out opposing teams centers. He'll probably win that battle most times to.

Not sure I like that line up in the playoffs having to go against philly or bucks with their height.

7 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Not sure I like that line up in the playoffs having to go against philly or bucks with their height.

I don't like that lineup necessarily either against those teams. But we don't have a legit Center which is my one worry. If somehow we can get one and I don't know who, that line will be impossible to God this may be smart and Hayward going in and out for offense and defense

No Smart of Rob hurts the C's more than the Sixers with no Horford.

Winnable but neutral matchup, maybe slightly in favor of the Sixers generally speaking. Celtics are getting better this year, the Sixers to me don't have a higher ceiling than what they've done already. All players being healthy, I like the Celtics best in the East.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Winnable but neutral matchup, maybe slightly in favor of the Sixers generally speaking. Celtics are getting better this year, the Sixers to me don't have a higher ceiling than what they've done already. All players being healthy, I like the Celtics best in the East.

I agree, sort of. It is still too close to call though. I want the insurance of a better bigman. 

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Ben need's to improve his midrange game absolutely. We also need to add a couple more shooters. Embiid really took Charles Barkley's criticism to heart last night and it panned out. The Sixers definitely have more room to grow. Tobias Harris has started to be more consistent lately which has helped.

Ok just a rumor. Though I can see it happening Jamal Crawford signing. Should Boston consider it? A veteran shooter/scorer off the bench? I did mention Boston needs another veteran shooter off the bench. But more of a forward D and 3 guy.

Would Stevens get JC to play the right way? Would he fit in with the 2nd unit?

Thoughts?? 

58 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Ok just a rumor. Though I can see it happening Jamal Crawford signing. Should Boston consider it? A veteran shooter/scorer off the bench? I did mention Boston needs another veteran shooter off the bench. But more of a forward D and 3 guy.

Would Stevens get JC to play the right way? Would he fit in with the 2nd unit?

Thoughts?? 

I dont think scoring is the issue, its rebounding and giving up second chance points

Well certainly that is the top priority, and that concerns getting a good quality big man as discussed already. A while that may be a challenge I still feel Boston can use some more veteran role playing forward Off the Bench. Semi ojeleye oh, it's not the answer while he is good on defense doesn't make shots consistently. By the way I am not saying Jamal Crawford is our answer just trying to look for ways to improve this team for the playoff run

40 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

A guy that isnt talked about but I wonder if we can nab is Wendell Carter Jr from Chicago. Not sure how highly the Bulls regard him but I think he can be a low cost answer to the rebounding issues. 

He would be intriguing. He is still on his rookie salary so it shouldn't be too hard to match. And we do have draft picks.