Vikings DE Danielle Hunter undergoing disc surgery; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

#Vikings star Danielle Hunter is having surgery to clean up a herniated disc, knocking him out for 2020, per me & @TomPelissero. MIN has a decision this offseason: Make Hunter the highest-paid defender in football or trade him. Have we seen the last of him in a Vikings uniform👀

I don't see them getting rid of Hunter.  He is one of very few players whom we shouldn't even consider getting rid of.

4 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

Exactly, he didn't even play this year, I go 10 million max or see ya bud.  It's the system not the player. Vikes always create prime edge rushers

I can't decide if you wrote this to be sarcastic or you're serious?  If sarcasm...then...hahaha.  If serious, then 10 million is a massive lowball offer.  The Vikings have had pretty good talent on the edges...it hasn't been the system.

30 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Hunter isn't a UFA until 2024....he signed his extension in 2018. Did people forget that?

The talk about redoing his contract again with 3 years to go, is kind of nonsensical.  I'd say "Let's talk again after the 2021 season."  2 years to go isn't unreasonable to start discussing an extension.  The only extensions to talk about this offseason are Brian O'Neill and Harry.