Week 7: Jets vs Bills

drew39k

Let's talk football.

Will Darnold play? 

Mims is supposedly on track to play and Perriman is healthy too... unfortunately now Crowder is dealing with a groin issue. 

The Bills are reeling a bit too. It will be interesting to see if they come out angry or slip back into classic bills territory.

49 minutes ago, xrade said:

What is it with all these soft tissue injuries?  Is it the practice field? Poor warmup/stretching practices? I do not ever recall so many and not just on the Jets.

Just goes to show you that the preseason is necessary to ease these guys into game shape even though they hate it.

23 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Just goes to show you that the preseason is necessary to ease these guys into game shape even though they hate it.

I think the main issue is too many guys sat around during COVID or didn't train like they normally do in the offseason.  Also the type of training many of these athletes do make them prone to injury.  This has nothing to do with field conditions or not having a preseason.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think the main issue is too many guys sat around during COVID or didn't train like they normally do in the offseason.  Also the type of training many of these athletes do make them prone to injury.  This has nothing to do with field conditions or not having a preseason.

Ya there’s difference between being in shape and in game shape. For example I work out like 5 days a week. But if I play 3 softball Games on a Thursday I’m sore from that. And obviously there’s BIG difference between softball and NFL football. I don’t think I need to explain that.

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya there’s difference between being in shape and in game shape. For example I work out like 5 days a week. But if I play 3 softball Games on a Thursday I’m sore from that. And obviously there’s BIG difference between softball and NFL football. I don’t think I need to explain that.

Yes but there's also a difference between being sore from softball/football and getting injured playing softball/football.  If these guys were playing softball at the same speeds they play football then they would still be blowing out their hammies.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Are they all suiting up? Then I'll be a little more excited.

I believe so. Not sure how much action Mims will get. As Gase has said all week. This has been really his only week practicing legit since being drafted. So I don’t think he’s comfortable with him getting starter snaps. I expect Jeff Smith to “start” Over him. Now if Crowder can’t go (I think he will Play). Then I expect Mims to get a good amount of snaps. But with everyone healthy I expect Mims’ snaps to be limited.

Now I do expect Perine to have a bigger role. I think he will out snap Gore and be our starter the rest of the way

Read that it sounds like Sam will play and that Mims should get snaps. Gives me a reason to watch this one. Side note, I've decided that I'm rooting for a win despite draft pick status and Gase hopefully getting canned. I want Sam to look good, and I simply dont trust the Jets to do anything but draft and ruin Lawrence if they land the number one pick.