Pats @ Bills GDT 11/1

bigbadbuff

Starting this early because the game today infuriated me and I don’t want to think about it anymore. I’ll take the W, but sheesh.

Cam just got benched, so we might be seeing Stidham.

We have a chance to go up 4 in the win column on them with  a victory. Hopefully our second half defense from today carries over, and hopefully our offense from weeks 1-4 comes back as well.

Go Bills.

• Like 1

Not sure if it makes a difference or not but Belichec announced after the game that Cam is their guy and will continue with him and that Stidham needed some playing time. I am not going to sleep on this team as the bills have struggled to stop the run in the past and allowed Gore a guy who was averaging under 3 ypc the last 2 years was able to go off on us in the 1st half with 5.5 ypc. This is what the Pats do they run with Cam and they run a lot with their RBs. If bills cant stop the run then they will not stop this team from scoring. The offense also needs to be more consistent and hopefully John Brown is back as to me this is an under the radar player who was looked over and the offense just seems to not be the same when he is not in. I love Davis and think he is the future #2 of this team but what Brown offers allows Diggs to be able to not be double covered. If Brown is going to be questionable the remainder of the season I would be open to the idea of trading for John Ross who is a speedster and can mimic what John Brown was able to do for the bills. I do not want to look ahead but the next few games is brutal as I watched that Seattle Arizona game and both have fast offenses so the Bills need to figure this defense out some more this week against the Pats because it is going to be a rough outing the following 2 weeks.

This morning Bill confirmed Cam is still the starter going in to the Bills game.

Edited by soflbillsfan

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think it’s safe to say this is a must win game. McDermott needs to prove he can beat Bill. As does Allen. 

Bills D is trending in the right direction and getting Feliciano back could be huge.

I want to see more than one half against the Jets before i say that.

I do agree this is a must win game, mentally. If we can’t beat the Pats now, then when can we?

24 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I do agree this is a must win game, mentally. If we can’t beat the Pats now, then when can we?

Not to mention the 2nd half of the schedule gets a lot harder

Seahawks, @Cardinals, Chargers, @49ers, Steelers, @Denver, @Patriots, Miami

There could be anywhere from 2 to 6 wins IMO.

Edited by Maxmw22

35 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:
3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I even just mean health wise. Edmunds looked better. Milano played and Wallace will be back soon. 

Bills also finally used Butler predominantly at 1 and Oliver at 3 which allowed them to collapse the pocket. Need more of that.

6 hours ago, Starless said:

How is y'all's secondary outside of Tre' White? 

It's been suspect this year, but there's also been a ton of injuries to our CBs (White missed a game, Norman has missed multiple weeks as has Wallace). The pass rush has been non-existent outside of last week against the Jets, so that really has strained the secondary. We've also faced a ton of good-to-great QBs- Mahomes, Goff, Carr, Tannehill etc...all of them can do damage with time in the pocket. 

This is a must win game. If we lose and Miami wins, then it's going to be a race to the finish, and our schedule doesn't do us any favors. I'm cautiously optimistic, but this coaching staff has struggled to make the adjustments needed on defense in the past- and Bill is a wizard at making adjustments. Losing this game would leave a sour taste in my mouth regarding the coaching staff. We're way more talented. 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2020 at 7:49 AM, WizeGuy said:

This is a must win game. If we lose and Miami wins, then it's going to be a race to the finish, and our schedule doesn't do us any favors. I'm cautiously optimistic, but this coaching staff has struggled to make the adjustments needed on defense in the past- and Bill is a wizard at making adjustments. Losing this game would leave a sour taste in my mouth regarding the coaching staff. We're way more talented. 

Hard to disagree with this. If not now, when? McDermott has two current blemishes right now, a win Sunday can almost erase one.

Looks to be a storm day Sunday with winds up to 40mph. Hoping to see a heavy dose of Moss.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Hard to disagree with this. If not now, when? McDermott has two current blemishes right now, a win Sunday can almost erase one.

Looks to be a storm day Sunday with winds up to 40mph. Hoping to see a heavy dose of Moss.

Singletary > Moss.

I said it.