GDT: The Cow Patties vs The Horse Patties

DaBoys

58 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Is the coach smart enough to play him at RT or even LT?  

I think the indication is Martin will get the go at RG again, and Steele will start at RT...why the staff is insistent on rolling out Steele is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I think the indication is Martin will get the go at RG again, and Steele will start at RT...why the staff is insistent on rolling out Steele is beyond me. 

I wouldnt mind seeing C-Will, Looney, Biadasz, McGovern and Martin, at least until Brandon Knight comes back.

Its funny all the conversations we are having about the OL now. Technically speaking, the line we are trotting out right now is a better pass blocking OL than the end of '17 and all of 2018. At least according to DVOA/PFF/ESPN. 

But because of the injuries, it just seems like a comfy excuse to rest our heads on. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Its funny all the conversations we are having about the OL now. Technically speaking, the line we are trotting out right now is a better pass blocking OL than the end of '17 and all of 2018. At least according to DVOA/PFF/ESPN. 

But because of the injuries, it just seems like a comfy excuse to rest our heads on. 

Where does Steele rank? He's my one complaint about the OL as a whole. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Where does Steele rank? He's my one complaint about the OL as a whole. 

Maybe its just in perspective but my main complaint is C-Will.

Not strong enough to play guard and gets  pushed back.

Now not saying he is playing worse than Steele but C-Will is a 2nd round pick that hasn't improved his biggest weakness, while Steele is undrafted. I expect him to suck lol.

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Maybe its just in perspective but my main complaint is C-Will.

Not strong enough to play guard and gets  pushed back.

Now not saying he is playing worse than Steele but C-Will is a 2nd round pick that hasn't improved his biggest weakness, while Steele is undrafted. I expect him to suck lol.

Yeah, I'd like to see C-Will have improved on that area...but he's still an above average starter. He may fair better at LT, but who knows for sure until they give him a chance there. Moving forward I'd try to roll out the following as a combination at least for a few weeks:

LT - Williams
LG - Looney
C - Biadasz 
RG - McGovern
RT - Martin 

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yeah, I'd like to see C-Will have improved on that area...but he's still an above average starter. He may fair better at LT, but who knows for sure until they give him a chance there. Moving forward I'd try to roll out the following as a combination at least for a few weeks:

LT - Williams
LG - Looney
C - Biadasz 
RG - McGovern
RT - Martin 

Agreed. I posted the same lineup in another thread. At least until Brandon Knight comes back.

Next year, I wouldnt mind seeing Tyron, Collins, Biadasz, Martin and Knight with Looney, Williams and Steele as main backups.

• Like 1