Cowboys News and Memes - Offseason edition

Matts4313

Elliott (hamstring) was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice, Jon Machota of The Athletic reports.

Elliott appears to have picked up a hamstring issue during Sunday night's loss to the Eagles, during which he carried the ball 19 times for 63 yards and hauled in one pass for 10 yards. The 25-year-old bellcow will have two more chances to upgrade to full practice participation, so there's not yet real reason for concern about his Week 9 availability, though Tony Pollard could siphon away additional touches if Elliott's hamstring issue lingers into the weekend. He's now failed to eclipse 4.0 yards per carry in back-to-back games, and will face the tall task of overcoming a tough Pittsburgh defense with either Cooper Rush or Garrett Gilbert under center on Sunday.

More News

But it wasn't the only time Woods went to midfield on Sunday. He made sure Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster didn't try and dance on the star after his fourth-quarter touchdown.

Woods, who went to USC and was a college teammate of Smith-Schuster, said he was "absolutely" defending the star.

"I saw a video before the game that had him on the star," Woods said. "(JuJu) is always doing stuff on TikTok. I knew with him being my college teammate, that was something he might do. I was going to make sure he didn't get there. We have zero tolerance for that."

So what would've happened had Smith-Schuster actually made it there?

"I would've speared his ***," Woods playfully said with a big smile. He later acknowledged that he and Smith-Schuster have been friends since college. But, he also made it clear that he wasn't going to let another player disrespect the star.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/antwaun-woods-was-ready-to-defend-midfield-star

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That chart says we are about 20th in pass blocking. Not the worst, but not great.

Yeah, it was near worst in the league to start the year, its been pushing in the 10-15 range the last ~4-5 weeks. So its been improving.

Top 5 run blocking for the season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, it was near worst in the league to start the year, its been pushing in the 10-15 range the last ~4-5 weeks. So its been improving.

Zack Martin is a beast, Connor Williams doesn’t handle power very well, but he’s good at getting to the second level in the run game. I’d imagine that both Looney and Biasdaz are better run blockers than pass blockers at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Also sad/funny all the “good” run blocking teams are teams that played us.

• Like 1