Falcons @ Panthers TNF GDT

iknowcool

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Both were one-on-one when the ball was released. Ridley just actually had his guy beat because it was a better route to run him open than Julio's route.

Sure. Not arguing that. But using derogatory remarks towards Julio is complete BS. Why do you think Ridley is even open? Because they are terrified of Julio. If anything, he opens the offense up for the team in the Redzone. If they want to force it to him when he’s triple teamed that’s a different story, but again not Jones’s fault 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Sure. Not arguing that. But using derogatory remarks towards Julio is complete BS. Why do you think Ridley is even open? Because they are terrified of Julio. If anything, he opens the offense up for the team in the Redzone. If they want to force it to him when he’s triple teamed that’s a different story, but again not Jones’s fault 

We gotta stop using this argument. Ridley succeeds even when Julio doesn't play. At some point we gotta stop the Julio opens everything up argument.

Saying Ryan forced the ball to Julio an that Julio struggles to score in the Red Zone are not derogatory. Saying he's not good would be derogatory. False claims like he's not a good route runner or has questionable hands would be derogatory. 

Edited by BlaqOptic

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Im watching this game thinking man Julio Jones is a massive human being. Then I remember Calvin Johnson was 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than Julio.

Wow

I miss watching him play.  Hopefully one day we get a wide receiver like that again

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

We gotta stop using this argument. Ridley succeeds even when Julio doesn't play. At some point we gotta stop the Julio opens everything up argument.

I agree with the Ridley bit, but suggesting Julio's lack of TD's has anything to do with his ability is ridiculous. 

Just now, iknowcool said:

I miss watching him play.  Hopefully one day we get a wide receiver like that again

I don't want another WR like that. Simply because if he even lives up to half the billing people will amount him better than Rice and Moss, etc. I love Calvin Johnson. I'm not taking his career or best season over Julio or AB. He probably was unquestionalby better because we know football doesn't happen in a vacuum, but I hate the "Well he's an athletic freak and produced so he would've been the GOAT if he played it out" arguments that CJ gets all the time.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

Ok then how about most YPG NFL history? We can start there

I'm not sure you and I are even arguing the same thing. What does that have to do with the Red Zone which is literally all I'm arguing because it's Julio's only shortcoming and was on display twice there?